OSX 10.8.2 ML Asus X58 Post Install Dual GTX 480 Problem

Mastorer

2 posts in this topic

Ok so my Hackintosh Rig is running better than i thought possible, I actually got it to boot without the usb key and pulling my hair out. But there is something bothering me, I can't help but feel the DSDT.aml might not be 100 percent optimized and from what the system information is telling me I'm not getting full use of my Dual GTX 480's. I already know SLI isnt supported and I am happy I have all 3 monitors working, but I want my baby perfect =P

GeForce GTX 480: <----- Card 1, slot 1

Chipset Model: GeForce GTX 480

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1536 MB <------ 1536 MB thats right.....

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x06c0

Revision ID: 0x00a3

ROM Revision: 70.00.21.00.80

GeForce GTX 480: <---- Card 2, slot 2

Chipset Model: GeForce GTX 480

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-2

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1 MB <--------WTF 1MB?!?!?!?!

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x06c0

Revision ID: 0x00a3

ROM Revision: 70.00.21.00.80

I'm still very noob, so i really don't know how much that effects my over all performance but like i said I strive for protection.

If it helps I'm running a Asus P6x58D Premium with the 1402 Bios, Core i7 930, 6 gigs of ram, and of course 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 480s.

Found the DSDT.aml here in this post

http://www.insanelym...ga-1366-i7-9xx/

Thanks again for any help I might receive in advance.

sigh, my first forum post and i put it in installation instead of post installation, noobing it up already. on another note, the monitor that is on the card by itself the 1mb vram card, blinks on and of everytime i resume or boot into osx. i think im gonna do a full install again once i have backed everything up and only use the kexts that are necessary now that i have them narrowed down. I really wanna know there is anything i can do with the vram problem though before i do that.