• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

griven

griven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
i just got hands on an IdeaPad z360 with NVidia Optimus Technology on which I´d like to install OSX 10.7.X on.

The installation of Lion runs flawlessly and the installed System boots up just fine BUT as far as I know there is no way to enable QE/CI. OSX detects both, the nVidia Chipset (NV3100M) and the GMA and shows them in System Profiler but it only uses the GMA Chipset which isn´t capable to use CI/QE. Unfortunately the Bios offers no Options to switch Graphics so optimus is always enabled...

Is there any Solution to my issue, perhaps a DSDT hack which disables the GMA Graphics part to force OSX to Use the NVIDIA Graphics or a mod Bios which allows me to turn off GMA Graphics and use NVidia Graphics?

Hope anyone of you has a Solution because the little {censored} is a quite perfect Hackbook Air...

AjGilee

AjGilee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Some lenovo laptops, like thinkpads has graphics settings in BIOS to choose VGA, you might want to check it first.

griven

griven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hey AjGilee,

sorry but it is not that easy (of course I checked it before) I can choose between "Discrete Graphics" and "Optimus" and that´s it. The Bios offers no way to disable Intel´s GMA which isn´t supported by OSX. That´s why I asked if there is an DSDT based hack and/or a ModBios available which allows me to hide/disable Intel´s GMA and force the Notebook to always use the NVIDIA GPU.

greetz griv.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy