- I used USB flash drive and the retail ML 10.8.0 DMG to install on a partition on the same HDD with Windows 7 (Dual booting through Chameleon).
- Optionally: if your HDD is partitioned as MBR scheme you may need to patch your installer before beginning [attached].
- To avoid boot problems, from the installer:
- Delete all AppleIntelHD* kexts from /S/L/E.
- Copy ApplePS2Controller.kext to /S/L/E or you will not be able to type during the initial setup.
- Add FakeSMC.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to /S/L/E
- After initial boot, you will get VGA resolution only. You need to update your system to 10.8.2 to get QE/CI and native resolution.
- To connect to internet, you need to install the AppleIntelE1000e.kext [attached] to use the integrated Ethernet card.
- Use Chameleon Wizard to configure your boot.plist file and use the pre-made SMBios for Mac Book Pro 8.1 to recognize the HD3000 GPU.
- To enable VGA external monitor use the attached AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (Credit to bcc9 for the patching details).
- Audio can be enabled with VoodooHDA 2.5 [attached] or a higher version (latest is 2.7.4).
- To enable trackpad features, install VoodooPS2Controller from here and remove ApplePS2Controller or any other PS2 kexts.
- To enable power management and speedstep, install the attached AICPM.zip:
- AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in /S/L/E (delete NullCPUPowerManagement if installed).
- DSDT in /Extra (if you use your own DSDT, only HPET device methods are patched).
- SSDT.aml in /Extra (it's same as SSDT-4 table if extracted from H/W).
- To use the internal GSM HSPA modem:
- Unarchive and put the attached Sony Ericsson scripts in /library/modem scripts
- in Network Preferences, select the Advanced tab of the HP hs2340 modem.
- Select the vendor as "Other" and select one of the scripts (CID 3 worked for me).
- Go back to the main page and type the APN in the Telephone number field.
- Apply and connect.
- The integrated Wifi can't be used (no available kext).
Plz feel free to contribute.