IR Receivers? USB-UIRT? Something else? I want to get a remote working with my system

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

schmoppa

schmoppa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I have a freshly built ML HTPC with an i5 3570k and Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P motherboard.

I would like to use a remote control (I have a Harmony One) with the XBMC for improved WAF.

I actually have a USB-UIRT, but I can't find much information regarding Mac compatability.

Anyone know if USB-UIRT is workable in Mountain Lion? Or anyone have a known-compatable IR receiver (USB?) that I could purchase and use without much trouble?

Thanks!

cili0

cili0

InsanelyMacaholic

• FAQ Team
  • 3,008 posts
The number one solution used to be manta by twisted melon, but I don't know if it's still available.

schmoppa

schmoppa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

The number one solution used to be manta by twisted melon, but I don't know if it's still available.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response! It looks like Twisted Melon still sell stuff. http://twistedmelon.com/shop/

Would you recommend just the hardware (manta), or the software (Mira), or both?

I would love to be able to leave the HTPC tuned into XBMC, and when it's not playing content, go to sleep after 5 minutes or so. And when I want to use XBMC, use my universal remote to wake the computer via the USB IR receiver (Manta in this case). Does this sound feasible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy