Sleep Issues

skysea76

4 posts in this topic

It takes like 1m to go to sleep (meanwhile I can move everything around normally) and about 2-3m to wake up. The fan spin up immediately, but the screens (2) take a while... An I've been having a weird issue were one (the one connected to the 9800GT, because it's VGA only) will turn on while the main screen (connected via DVI to the IGPU) will power on but then report no signal; I have to restart to get them both back.

Aside from that, the only other thing that worries me is a sub 12000 geekbench (32b) score, which IMO is kind of low for a 3750K @ 4.2GHz + 12GB DDR3 1600 C9; I may be wrong of course. EDIT: score is actually normal, but I'm surprised since I'm pretty sure my i7 920 had a higher score. I also can't wake with my bluetoth magic mouse

I attached everything I could think of. I did a sleep/wake cycle (one of the ones that resulted in only the VGA screen) right before capturing the log.

Hack Info Sleep.zip

I have similar specs and after a whole night of following this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=278208 I was able to mod my bios. Afterwards I removed the NullCPU power kext and sleep works with native support. BTW Sleep takes like 15 seconds or so from the time I press the menu button to the time the fans completely stop.

3570 i5

MSI z77a-GD65