System has fallen over completely for no apparent reason

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
I booted into my OS X installation this morning to have it hang at the spinning logo and not boot so I forced restart & booted with -v and it hung here:
Posted Image

As well as this screen I had it hang at could not find boot cache (or something to that effect - forgot to photo it) so then I booted with -x -f -v and got the following panic:
Posted Image

I can't get to the desktop at all, currently downloading ML to a different hack so I can make an installer & fix permissions / disk / re-install fakeSMC to see if that makes a difference. I haven't installed anything new / updated anything but I did boot into windows (surely that can't screw over OS X?). The system has been stable since ML first came out, I typically leave it in sleep and it only gets shutdown once a week and I've never seen it panic previously.

The only kext installed is fakeSMC, installed using vanilla method and the system is Desktop 1 in my sig.

Any ideas?

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

I booted into my OS X installation this morning to have it hang at the spinning logo and not boot so I forced restart & booted with -v and it hung here:
Posted Image

As well as this screen I had it hang at could not find boot cache (or something to that effect - forgot to photo it) so then I booted with -x -f -v and got the following panic:
Posted Image

I can't get to the desktop at all, currently downloading ML to a different hack so I can make an installer & fix permissions / disk / re-install fakeSMC to see if that makes a difference. I haven't installed anything new / updated anything but I did boot into windows (surely that can't screw over OS X?). The system has been stable since ML first came out, I typically leave it in sleep and it only gets shutdown once a week and I've never seen it panic previously.

The only kext installed is fakeSMC, installed using vanilla method and the system is Desktop 1 in my sig.

Any ideas?

try this:

boot with -s

mount -uw /

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

shutdown -r now

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
Just tried that, it got me to the desktop but with no wifi (AR5416 - should work OOB). Fix permissions & rebooted - didn't work so I did the usual trick of removing /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/*network stuff*, rebooted then back to same problem.

Getting "unable to locate SMC driver" so I'm going to re-install fakeSMC now. Any other ideas?

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
Use app Kext Wizard for repairPermissions and rebuild caches, you can update your boot loader for last version, and in your boot.plis set UseKernelCache=Yes

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
Installed latest SMC with kext utility & let it fix permissions / rebuild cache, no help; stuck here now:
Posted Image

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts

set UseKernelCache=Yes

your hardware??? your FakeSMC.kext not load , what SMBIOS you use?

Edit: Post your Extra an your hardware

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
Tried kernel cache, hardware is desktop 1 in my sig.

Everything has been working perfect until today but as of this morning I'm getting panic on OS X loading & blue screen into windows so it must be hardware, gonna start stripping it down in a bit and see if I can figure out whats causing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy