35 posts in this topic

???

OK. If i understood i should:

Download the second link on #23 by Ifire

Into the zip there are 2 file. One is a kext and one is a folder. I must replace the kext on my usb in system/Library/Extra/, but the folder?

it's just difficult in italian, in english seems impossible for me... :wallbash:

The first time i tried to install snow leopard on computer i didn't win, i bought a macbook pro for 1850€. This time i don't have a money.

MrNobody thank you. But i've your same problem. I can't run the installation. It's just this the problem, if i are able to start the installation i guess no have more problem, least it was the last time i've tried (with snow leopard two years ago). I start the boot, then, when the files are loading (obviously i start with boot flag -v), the process stop on "PCI configuration begin".

However tomorrow morning i'll try whit this kext because now i'm without my vaio. ....Now i'm whit my great macBook pro :D and all is working...

one more thing, when i'm at home i'm without my vaio. When i'm at work i can't read the usb because the partition is HFS+. What is the program to read the HFS+ on the "lousy windows"?

PS: I never format my mac in 18 month. I format three time my vaio on work. It's the reason to install osx on vaio.

i think you will get solved the problem with pci configuration begin as i did (with the kext)

but the next problem will be that you will get a message "Still waiting for root device" (-> i got stuck there -.-)

There seems to be a program for HFS+ on windows but i think there will be no freeware.

One program can be found here http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hfs-windows/

Good luck anyway ;D

When I found a solution for the still waiting for root device message i'll tell you :D

PS: {censored} vaio -.-* only problems with mac :D

MrNobody i'm talking with an italian's guy and he suggest me the same think you suggest me. Replace the kext in your link. Then he told me that i will have the problem, that you have (Still waiting for root device). He solved with boot flag USBBusFix=Yes . Try and let me know. Excuse me for english but after 10 hours of work, the translation in english is very difficult.

We update tomorrow morning (can i use this sentence to tell "tommorrow morning we'll give us some news"?)

Hey, I tried to run it with USBBusFix=Yes and it seemed to work, but then i have another problem.Or: 2 Different Problems.When i use a USB stick which i created with ###### i'll get stuck on "Dsmos has arrived"When i use a USB stick which i created with myhack i get stuck on something like ApplePS2AlpsGlidepoint -.-Maybe it gets stuck because i have the ATI 5650m -.-*Edit:I got into Installation!My Way:Following the Instructions from Here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/280756-The-all-in-one-guide-to-Vanilla-OS-X-Mountain-Lion-+-Chameleon-+-DSDT-for-beginners.After that, copy the iopcifamily kext (or however it's called from above into the extra folder in your USB root.Start your Laptop from USB with these Flags: -v USBBusFix=YesAnd there you go ;)I will Report when Installation was successfull :)

well i don't know...

I can give you my extra folder with which i was able to boot in ML

-> see my attachment.

Just follow the guide i told you before ( http://www.insanelym...howtopic=280756 ) and then paste this into the root direction of your folder (But be sure to use modified OSInstall files ->Look in the guide under 2.D. -> VERY important for dual-booting with windows, otherwise you won't be able to run installation)

PS: My Graphic card seems to work with full QI/QE every 20th time i boot using AtiConfig=Hoolock and GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Extra.zip