• 63 posts
always on pci configuration begin

MrNobody

MrNobody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Did you try something like this: http://netkas.org/?p=1053 ?
I also started again to try to install ML on my Vaio notebook :D but anyway i'm not even able to run the installation..i also stuck on pci configuration begin and now as i replaced the IOPCIFamily.kext it hangs with "Still waiting for root device"
Have you been able to run the installation?

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
try this: still waiting MOUTAIN LION:#30

MrNobody

MrNobody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
how exactly do i have to run the patch? i am running another pc with lion installed and my installation files are on usb.
Is it enough to run the patch in the terminal or do i have to specify my usb stick? Or a location on my usb stick

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
backup your original kext and run the script, now copy the patched kext from S/L/E/ for you Extra/USBInstaller

MrTraverso

MrTraverso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
???
OK. If i understood i should:
Download the second link on #23 by Ifire
Into the zip there are 2 file. One is a kext and one is a folder. I must replace the kext on my usb in system/Library/Extra/, but the folder?
it's just difficult in italian, in english seems impossible for me... :wallbash:

The first time i tried to install snow leopard on computer i didn't win, i bought a macbook pro for 1850€. This time i don't have a money.

MrNobody

MrNobody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
@MrTraverso
Try to download the binaries from here http://netkas.org/?p=1072 -> direct download link: Binaries
And put the kext in the system/library/extensions folder. But Backup the old Kext! which already exists and THEN you can replace it by the new downloaded kext.
maybe it helps you.

PS: Can you tell me how you were able to run the installation?

MrTraverso

MrTraverso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
MrNobody thank you. But i've your same problem. I can't run the installation. It's just this the problem, if i are able to start the installation i guess no have more problem, least it was the last time i've tried (with snow leopard two years ago). I start the boot, then, when the files are loading (obviously i start with boot flag -v), the process stop on "PCI configuration begin".
However tomorrow morning i'll try whit this kext because now i'm without my vaio. ....Now i'm whit my great macBook pro :D and all is working...

one more thing, when i'm at home i'm without my vaio. When i'm at work i can't read the usb because the partition is HFS+. What is the program to read the HFS+ on the "lousy windows"?

PS: I never format my mac in 18 month. I format three time my vaio on work. It's the reason to install osx on vaio.

MrNobody

MrNobody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i think you will get solved the problem with pci configuration begin as i did (with the kext)
but the next problem will be that you will get a message "Still waiting for root device" (-> i got stuck there -.-)

There seems to be a program for HFS+ on windows but i think there will be no freeware.
One program can be found here http://www.paragon-s...me/hfs-windows/

Good luck anyway ;D
When I found a solution for the still waiting for root device message i'll tell you :D

PS: {censored} vaio -.-* only problems with mac :D

MrTraverso

MrTraverso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
MrNobody i'm talking with an italian's guy and he suggest me the same think you suggest me. Replace the kext in your link. Then he told me that i will have the problem, that you have (Still waiting for root device). He solved with boot flag USBBusFix=Yes . Try and let me know. Excuse me for english but after 10 hours of work, the translation in english is very difficult.

We update tomorrow morning (can i use this sentence to tell "tommorrow morning we'll give us some news"?)

MrNobody

MrNobody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hey, I tried to run it with USBBusFix=Yes and it seemed to work, but then i have another problem.Or: 2 Different Problems.When i use a USB stick which i created with ###### i'll get stuck on "Dsmos has arrived"When i use a USB stick which i created with myhack i get stuck on something like ApplePS2AlpsGlidepoint -.-Maybe it gets stuck because i have the ATI 5650m -.-*Edit:I got into Installation!My Way:Following the Instructions from Here http://www.insanelym...beginners.After that, copy the iopcifamily kext (or however it's called from above into the extra folder in your USB root.Start your Laptop from USB with these Flags: -v USBBusFix=YesAnd there you go ;)I will Report when Installation was successfull :)

MrTraverso

MrTraverso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
HI. :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: i've solved pci begin and usb still .... but now i stop on glidepoint. your link doesn't work. could you post again?

again Still waiting for root device

MrNobody

MrNobody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
You Need To create your USB stick this way: http://www.insanelym...0
This worked for me.
When i used myhack or ###### i also got in Trouble with appleps2.

Good luck ;)
I will now try To get my graphics working :P

MrTraverso

MrTraverso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi Nobody. After some day i try you suggest (the last link you posted). Now i'm stuck on DSMOS has arrived. Could you suggest me the solution?

MrNobody

MrNobody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
well i don't know...
I can give you my extra folder with which i was able to boot in ML
-> see my attachment.

Just follow the guide i told you before ( http://www.insanelym...howtopic=280756 ) and then paste this into the root direction of your folder (But be sure to use modified OSInstall files ->Look in the guide under 2.D. -> VERY important for dual-booting with windows, otherwise you won't be able to run installation)

PS: My Graphic card seems to work with full QI/QE every 20th time i boot using AtiConfig=Hoolock and GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy