Z68AP-D3 rev2(FD) - i5 2400k - NvGTX560

moz88

1 post in this topic

Hi

I'm having a bit of trouble here. I've managed to get OSx10.7.2 installed with kakewalk (and npci=0x2000) and I've managed to get 10.7.4 installed with ######

--- BUT ---

When I boot into it (which works off the bat with kakewalk) it's so slow it's unusable - It would take about 30 minutes to get through to the main screen where I cannot use ###### or anything else because it's too slow and won't open up USB drives (or any drive)

..the install works like a dream

I'm not going to lie - I'm not bad with computers - but I have no idea what might be the problem. I'm hoping someone here might have a clue or it may have a common cause. It strikes me as quite odd. Also would note that whilst I haven't pursued setting up 10.6.8 because of the lack of gtx560 support - it runs off the hard drive as snappily as you'd expect for the hardware it's running on.

If anyone wants to point me towards dense material I'm perfectly willing to rack my brains doing more complicated work to get it working but I don't really know where to look at the moment. (And if anyone knows an easy way of getting it working, let me know!)