Computer monitor doesn't display when connected to my laptop!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ammar555

ammar555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Hi,

I have Aspire Acer 5750 laptop with Intel HD 3000 graphics and Mac OS X 10.7.4 installed on it. My problem is that I can't adjust brightness, the brightness is too high that my eyes start hurting after 5 mintues of use. I could not find a DSDT patch or a kexts file to fix this issue. Since I have an extra computer monitor, I would like to connect it to my laptop and from there maybe I can adjust the brightness. For some reason when I do that, my monitor displays nothing, just black screen.

The only time I could see something is durning the installation process and the booting up process. Right now if I plugin my monitor to my laptop, nothing appears, but if I plug it in to my laptop when it is booting up, I can only see up to the user login screen section. As soon as the user screen shows up, my monitor goes black.

I hope someone can help here. It's really frustrating to use the laptop when the brightness is set to the highest level, too much for my eyes.

Thank you!

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
Et Voila! DSDT Patch for Acer Aspire 5750 (hope it works!)

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
To use the patch giogrida linked to, follow this guide by MacBreaker: http://www.macbreake...sdt-editor.html

ammar555

ammar555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
It looks like it worked, but there is a slight problem with the brightness level. You see when I move the slider to the left, the brightness decreases to about 50% only when it should go down slowly to 0%.

The brightness level is about 50% before the very last step level, if I move it one more step to the left, the screen goes black.

Posted Image

I attached my DSDT file just in case you need it. Thanks!

Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   17.62KB   1 downloads

ammar555

ammar555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Et Voila! DSDT Patch for Acer Aspire 5750 (hope it works!)

Do you have anything else I should try?

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
I don't know what you can do but.. try to search other topics where some users have your issue

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Try this: http://www.insanelym...pic=236835&st=0

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Try this: http://www.insanelym...pic=236835&st=0

Right! The DSDT contains that blocks of codes. So should work!

ammar555

ammar555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I found a temporarily fix to the brightness issue. I don't call it a solution, but its just a trick to get the brightness under control for now. I am not an expert with DSDT editing or else I would have tried adding some codes as suggested in the website you provided, I just chose this easy way.

I just deleted my DSDT file from my Extra folder, then I rebooted the laptop. While it was rebooting I decreased the brightness to the level desired with FN + Left/Right arrows. Since I deleted the DSDT file, the brightness level remained the same, before with the DSDT file, it would change itself.

Anyway, I am not happy about this solution, but since I tried to fix it for more than half a month and I failed, I would rather move on. If you ever find a solution even after a year, know that I am waiting for a real fix.

Thanks a lot to both of you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy