95 posts in this topic

AMD dual graphics 6950 supported

Hi ALL

all credit goes to Netkas/Andy/chameleon team Ermac

This 7 kexts support 6950/6970 to mac osx 10.7.x and 10.8

just install via kext wizard.

before install delete Amdraden kexts.

AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext

After install kexts set GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

MY dual cards works v.well. more info look my ioreg files.

Allso windows7 supported crossfire

All but 2 monitors must be connected to the DP ports on the AMD graphics card, and be able to

support the required resolution. The 2 exceptions can be connected to the DVI or HDMI ports.

The monitors connected to the DP ports can be connected with DP cables, or using AMDrecommended

active adapters to DVI or HDMI ports on the monitors.

Where multiple graphics adapters are installed, Eyefinity groups cannot span across multiple

adapters. With cross-fire enabled, only monitors connected to the primary card will be enabled.

NOTE-10.8 dp4 this kexts not 100%support.

http://www.mediafire...yg175ou2sqt52z3

Hi, I has installed yours 7 kext and ML 10.8.2 goes well (1080p) but without hardware acceleration. So I has installed the other 3 oleg's kext but I has gray screen without cursor...How can I enable hardware acceleration??

thanks a lot!

dont worry guys about open Gl heaven not support our 6950 card.

try this open gl benchmark fully support

http://www.insanelym...ported-to-os-x/

so I have 2cards old setup i didn't do any changes.

I have 2x6950

bios setting

Init display first-2nd card

and look my dsdt also.

you have to set SMBios.plist Model Identifier: MacPro5,1 and install this kexts.

http://www.mediafire...z3buzhxu960w7e2

post-413859-0-93471900-1365942957_thumb.png

dont worry guys about open Gl heaven not support our 6950 card.

try this open gl benchmark fully support

http://www.insanelym...ported-to-os-x/

so I have 2cards old setup i didn't do any changes.

I have 2x6950

bios setting

Init display first-2nd card

and look my dsdt also.

you have to set SMBios.plist Model Identifier: MacPro5,1 and install this kexts.

http://www.mediafire...z3buzhxu960w7e2

Thanks! Now I tests on my single configuration HD 6950 2GB! :)

Try

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Here are the steps i did.

1) Got 10.8.1 on usb :/ should work wiht 10.8.2 as people claim. (using beast.)

2) removed graphic card and other unnecessary usb stuff

3) boot into usb (no parameters added)

4) format hdd to GPT installed mac. Reboot. Leave Usb inside.

5) login to mac get [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

6) selected my settings. as well as placed my copy of the DSDT (does not contain any graphic card stuff), mosty for sleep and audio and internal graphic card etc.

7) using kbeast installed the 3 Kexts and rebooted computer. The ocmputer should boot up fine.

8) turn comp off. addd 6950 leave wire connected on internal graphic card (might wana leave bios to boot from internal graphic card too)

9) boot into mac using internal graphic card. swap wire into 6950

10) blue screen. dont do anything just restart. u wont see boot screen or anything depending on ur Bios (if onboard is set as primary graphic or its auto..)

11) u wont see any screen until booted into mac. at this point u have 6950 full supported.

if you restart mac u wont have any problem booting into 6950 without onboard swap. but if u turn off, you will hae to repeat. onboard.. -> boot -> swap. -> blue screen -> restart. and ur good again.

Try

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Gray screen without cursor...The only thing I different from you is the DSDT that I do not know how to modify it for my configuration... :wallbash:

@OoO I doesn't have internal graphics card (i7 920) and I has only single Sapphire HD 6950 2GB.

first try to boot with GE then load your ioreg

cold boot clear boot windows then restart mac

first try to boot with GE then load your ioreg

cold boot clear boot windows then restart mac

I did not understand, sorry for my ignorance about the editing of DSDT or ioreg....

The command GE leads to white or gray screen (also with 1,2,inf restarts) and I took the ioreg from IOregistryexplorer... I have not changed anything of ioreg in order to modify it for my configuration...

Thanks for all!

you need 2video cards for 10.8.2

slot 1 6950

slot 2 any other

bios setting boot 1st slot 2

dont worry about dsdt. GEnabler fully support. you have to connect hdmi/mini display/use converter like mini display to dvi

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody work 10.8.3 ?

• 1 month later...

I am new and i dont can speak english very well. It Works for me on 10.8.2 i have used Oleg`s Kexts and fb Rotate and on 10.7.5 i used a pkg for 10.7.2 with 10.7.5 frameworks and no DSDT editing. all works well. I have pruchased both OS X on the Appstore!! 

Here 10.7.5

gcet.jpg

And here 10.8.2

sps.jpg

EDIT: i Bootet my PC with only one HD6950 an it works in OS X 10.8.2. i dont have dp adapters only 1 HDMI connected to the first Slot HD6950

I am new and i dont can speak english very well. It Works for me on 10.8.2 i have used Oleg`s Kexts and fb Rotate and on 10.7.5 i used a pkg for 10.7.2 with 10.7.5 frameworks and no DSDT editing. all works well. I have pruchased both OS X on the Appstore!! 

Here 10.7.5

gcet.jpg

And here 10.8.2

sps.jpg

EDIT: i Bootet my PC with only one HD6950 an it works in OS X 10.8.2. i dont have dp adapters only 1 HDMI connected to the first Slot HD6950

Hi! How you install FBRotate?