10.8 DP3 and Nvidia drivers

jhrfc

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I successfully installed DP1 on my machine (including full graphics support) using the guide

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=276024

but when i make an boot disk for DP3 the screen on my zotac gtx 285 goes black.

If i want to revert to DP1 nvidia drivers which kext files do i need to replace?

Anybody else had any problems with DP£ and nvidia cards?

Cheers

Jon

Hi!

I had the same. SOLVED !!!

But have You installed DP3? Have You succesfully run the installer?

I have 2 graphics cards on GA-Z68X-UD3-B3. I use custom device-properties for that.

Yhe installer have run succesfully because there is not GeForceGLDriver.kext and the others with GeForce begining. So I have installed. Used FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagment (must be in System/Extensions for me, dont know why, in Lion works normally in /Extra/Extensions, but in Mountain Lion not).

When I tried to run 10.8, graphics blinked, gone white and kernel panic :)

So i tried with changing kexts GeForceXXXXXX.ket and NVXXXXX.kext with Lion kexts, and 10.8 DP1 kexts. Result: no graphics, still apple logo, no graphics blink!!! NOTHING huppend, it was worsed then kernel panic).

So I said, what the f***. And I tried to replace /System/Library/Frameworks/Quartz.framework and QuartzCore.framework with frameworks from 10.8 DP1. Repaired permissions, and WOW !!! SOLVED !!!!!!!!!! I had only kernel panic, when tried to use PhotoBoth. Someting is wrong i think, but I hope it was coused only by PhotoBoth and its f*** 'graphical special effects'.

Write... I will respond :):):) Now i write from my Mac OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview 3 :)

I've had the same problem with my 8800GT, blacksreen when trying to install DP3. Because I didn't had this problem with DP1, I replaced the 3 following files: NVDAGF100Hal.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext

Run myfix to repair permiss./caches and all went well.

Here are the files from DP1:

http://cl.ly/GDBS

I only need to modify the OS X install USB to get pass the black screen. After installing Mountain Lion DP3 everything was OK, no modification needed?

Even speedstep is working with "AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext" from 10.7.3

Good luck and happy Hack :)

Yes i can get the install to work by using DP1 kexts, but running DP3 itself, both th eDP1 and DP3 kects give me a black screen unless I turn off graphics injection, (both boot loader and EFI string).

Is it worth trying an install with the DP1 quartz and quartz core frame works?

Cheers

Jon