1 reply to this topic

SniperScoped

SniperScoped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Mac
I've installed Mac OS X 10.6.2 successfully and saw the desktop. My PS2 mouse & keyboard worked fine during the entire installation. The problem is, if I shutdown or reboot, keyboard & mouse stops working with Snow Leopard.

I've found something that, in "/System/Library/Extensions/" ApplePS2Controller.kext & AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext icon label are yellow. I think my problem is forcing them to turn into yellow. Kext files that turned into yellow are listed below:

ApplePS2Controller.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
LegacyIOAHCIBlockstorage.kext
LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

I've tried VoodooPS2Controller.kext installing with Kext Helper but, no success. Error messages start coming right after installing new kext or, deleting any kext. It says that,

System extension cannot be used
The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/
-kextnames-.kext" was installed improperly
and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or
contact the product's vendor for an update.

It comes for all those yellow labeled kexts. Pictures of error messages are attached with the *.rar file given below.
I've also tried my mouse with USB to PS2 converter as a USB mouse.

Attached Files

SniperScoped

SniperScoped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Mac
[Solved] Pressing -f at the boot did the job for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS2, Mouse, Keyboard, ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy