iAtkos L2 10.7.3 Intel HD 3000[HELP]

PriDzn

6 posts in this topic

I've installed Lion 10.7.2 (iAtkos 10.7.2) Updated it to 10.7.3 with via the updater. But I still cannot get a higher resolution than 1024x768. According to my System Information there's no Kext loaded for it.

UHHEK.png

I've tried Chimera as it apparently has Intel HD3000 full support but sadly, it got no where. I got the infamous rotating logo. I can't really remember what it said in verbose mode, sorry.

So, how would I go about fixing this?

My Specs are:

Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 V-PRO GEN3

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Rip Jaws 1600MH/z

PSU: Corsair HX850W PSU

GPU: iGPU (Intel HD3000)

HDD: 1TB WD Black 7200RPM

• Like 1

Your device/vendor id is not in the driver kext. Put the value 0x01228086 in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist and near the bottom of /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Afterwards, delete the file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache so that the changes will be detected.

• Like 1

I've installed Lion 10.7.2 (iAtkos 10.7.2) Updated it to 10.7.3 with via the updater. But I still cannot get a higher resolution than 1024x768.

Dude, How were you able to install it?

What were you settings at the Customization Section ?

8982c15e80.jpg

What did you have to do to be able to boot for the first time? [Any Commands or kexts needed]

I am sorry for asking you questions on your thread, but I can't believe I found someone who managed to get iATKOS L2 installed with Intel HD 300 Graphics.

ammar555,

I'm with you. I don't have the iAtkos version, but I do have Lion 10.7.3. And rlf's instructions were very clear and reasonable. And I did make the mods he suggested, but Lion would not restart afterwards. I have three partitions on my HD, so I was able to boot back into another Lion 10.7.3 version and put the old kexts back in.

Also I have a z68 Gigabyte board with an i5 and HD3000. My GPU Device ID is 112 and, like rlf said, that ID was not in the list with the others, so I changed one of the IDs to that one in each of the two files. I am sure rlf's advice was sound, but just don't know what I have set up wrong. Just don't know where to go from here. I was surprised to hear that there seems to be a solution to the problem.

You shouldn't need to change device id's to get the hd3000 working, you need the smbios.plist from a macbook pro 8.1 / 8.3 in your /extra folder.

For dev id 0112 use the easier-to-obtain 8.1 one, for 0116 you'll have to use the 8.3 one.

Use chameleon wizard / google for them if you don't already have a mac.

My lenovo z370 has a i3-2330M with hd3000 (0116) and works perfect with the right smbios.

Alternatively install the better way with u n i b e a s t and it will work straight away

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice rockinron. I am now using 126 and MacPro 3.1. I wish I understood more about that, but with those settings it is working. Like you suggested, I used Chameleon Wizard.

All seems to be working for the first time now. Amazing!!

Thanks again.