• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

smurfy76

smurfy76

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Ok quick question. I work as a computer tech and my question is should i use a clone from another apple onto mine (see my other post couple posts down for specs) HP a805n or go from a fresh install? and if it is better to use a clone than a lil advice about boot loader and how to get it going. Thank you.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
I would do a fresh installation, although a clone is feasible...I think a fresh installation will be fine, and if you need all the info from your Mac you can boot it in target-disk mode and hook it up to your HP and during setup assistant transfer your info. :)

If you are installing Snow Leopard, I have a guide in my signature. If you are going to clone, simply download a package of Chameleon via Chameleon Wizard.

smurfy76

smurfy76

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Well thank you ppoky...im gonna use a retail cd i have instead and use your method with the mod cd. Any special hiints i should know :)

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Not really, just follow the guide. :)

ego321

ego321

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Use the OSX86 MOD CD by nawcom and a original 10.6.3 Retail DVD!

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
That's my guide! :P LOL

smurfy76

smurfy76

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
lol...well i got it going on leopard using another disk but gave me issues with snow leopard..So i decided im gonna go for the big guns and try and dual boot my better computer...Wish me luck its a AMD chip :)

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
OK. :) What problems did you have with Snow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy