Assistance with Kalyway 10.5.2 Post Installation

theFloyd

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just joined here earlier tonight but have been browsing the forums for help on my first Hackintosh attempt. I'm sure you have all heard this question a million times, but I did some searching and didnt really get a solid answer pertaining to my issue. As far as I'm concerned this shouldnt be an overly difficult problem to solve with some of the very knowledgeable members I've seen so far on here. Anyway, let's get on with it. According to CPUID/Device Manager my specs are as follows:

Dell Studio 1537

CPU - Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz

Motherboard - Dell 0P173H

BIOS - A11

Chipset - Intel GM45/GM47

Southbridge - Intel 82801IM

RAM - 4GB Dual Channel DDR2

Graphics - Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset 1.27GB

Network - Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet and Dell Wireless 1510 Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card

Sound - As far as I know just Intel HD Audio

USB - Intel ICH9 USB Controller

I just recently completed the Kalyway 10.5.2 Dual Boot with Windows 7 on a Dell Studio 1537 notebook. Got lucky and somehow ran into only a slight BOOTMGR issue during the installation. Got that all taken care of, so right now where I sit is Windows 7 and Mac OS X Leopard both boot properly and Windows 7 isnt experiencing any post installation problems. (Which shouldnt happen anyway, right?) The problem lies in the Mac OS installation:

1) Sound - There is none.

2) Graphics - Resolution stuck at 1024 x 768 and I'd like to change it.

3) USB - Ports won't pick up anything I insert.

4) Network - Refuses to connect to WiFi. Havent tried ethernet yet.

Hopefully you all will assume that I am new to the Hackintosh game seeing as this is the first time I have ever done it. If there is any additional information needed let me know. I'd really appreciate any suggestions or solutions you may have. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Hey I have a Dell optiplex gx520 and I have installed kalyway 10.5.2 and everything is perfect Sept for one problem I can't fix searched the forum and nothing relating to mine, it seems to be a Ethernet problem I can't get it to connect I have the right kext file installed. But still nothing. I heard and something with the terminal but not good with that. Help please I beg you mannnn. Come on astride the for a year need desperate help. ;)

Hey I have a Dell optiplex gx520 and I have installed kalyway 10.5.2 and everything is perfect Sept for one problem I can't fix searched the forum and nothing relating to mine, it seems to be a Ethernet problem I can't get it to connect I have the right kext file installed. But still nothing. I heard and something with the terminal but not good with that. Help please I beg you mannnn. Come on astride the for a year need desperate help. ;)