Pear PC stalls out

Duxdude418

4 posts in this topic

Following the guide at http://www.xplodenet.com/?p=guide, upon doing the PearPC instruction,after editing the .cfg file and shortcut properly, it simply stalls out at the grey Apple logo screen. The Apple logo shows up for a few seconds and then eventually turns into a circle with a slash through it (much like that of a no smoking sign). In the processes,the program is taking up 0 clock cycles and leads me to believe that waiting will not do anything. Is this step even necessary if I already have the OSX86 .iso file? What should I do. Thanks.

In case it matters,I'm using an Athlon 3500+ (Venice core) on an A8N-SLI motherboard with a GeForce 6800 PCI-X.

I did a quick dual booting guide and dd my image over to the new partition and get the same thing when trying to boot. When it's giving you the countdown at the begining of boot, press any key, then use the boot code: -v. See if it gives you any error messages at the end. Mine just stalls out and repeats the message "Still waiting for root device." Also try using the -x flag for safe mode and see if that helps out. Good luck.

Edit: And in case it matters, mine's an A64 3200+ on an A8N-SLI Deluxe board.

Well,I'm not sure quite what you mean by "countdown". Do you mean in the counsel DOS window ("ppc.exe") I should hit any key and press the "-v" boot code? Or is this to be done in the actual emulator itself? I press keys in the DOS prompt window and nothing happens. Where am I to try these bootcodes?

Also,in case it helps, in the aforementioned DOS command prompt,I get some of the following warnings:

post-5801-1124198790.jpg

[iO/PCI] <Warning> port 00001d47 not registered! (for read)

I get about 8 or so of those with different port numbers and some not being registered for read and some not being registered for write. Eventually,the last thing that appears is:

[iO/CUDA]: <Warning> keyb reg1

Are these messages normal?

One last thing is that I noticed whenever I hit F1 to enable mouse as it says the animated circle under the logo stops. Should the PearPC emulator window have focus or not?

Stuck here...post-5801-1124198694.jpg (for further clarification,I am using a Mac skin for XP)

I'm sorry, i thought you meant you had it installed natively to your drive already and were trying to boot from it. I didn't know you were talking about using PearPC. I haven't used PearPC, so I don't know how to help you on that. Again, sorry for the confusion.