Locate a patched dsdt.aml file for Dell T7400 Dual Quad Core 5410s

smitea

2 posts in this topic

Thanks for reading! I have been through several of the forums here; osx86, and a couple of others as well.

I am new to this hobby and was given a Dell T7400, that I thought would be a good platform to try and install OSX Lion on. As I write this, I'm quite impressed at how well Ubuntu 11.10 works on it.

Before I install Lion, it appears I need a patched DSDT file of which I was able to create and attach a DSDT file via Terminal for this machine. (W)Could someone let me know if this is patch-able and what I would need by means of an editor to create a file so that both processors are recognized as well as Ethernet card functions (if not already resolved). To be honest, the processors are my main wish, I will be using firewire audio interface, so not worried about the onboard audio and I'm considering a USB Wireless Stick for networking anyways due to the location of the system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards!

T

Dell Precision Workstation T7400

Intel 5400 Chipset

Dual Quad Core Xeon 5410 Processors

4GB 667 RAM

Azalia/High Definition digital controller (ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio)

Video Nvidia 256MB NVS 290 card

Broadcom 57xx Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

dsdt.aml.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry this is not a helpful response. I have been trying for almost one year to run OSX 10.6 and 10.7 on the T7400 with 2 quad core 5460 xeons with no luck. I am still running Ubuntu 11.10 and have started using Openshot and Ardour instead of Final Cut and Logic. Is it the same? No, but it will hold me over until lightworks finally comes to linux! Of course, if you have any advice for me that would be great but I have pretty much lost hope on this system running OSX.