cpu(s) failed to respond to interrupts..Every other boot?

MadSkillzMan

2 posts in this topic

hey guys

So, i began installing iAtkos L2 on my Toshiba ThinkCentre A5. Everything worked 100% except the darn Marvell Yukon 88e8057. Installing a realtek based card would only work if i booted with -f, and overall system stability was quite terrible. Constantly getting kernel panics that point to USB, VoodooHDA, etc..couldn't deal with it.

So i remembered how easy it was to install it on one of my Vostro 200's. Only thing i needed was a graphics card. So i parted out my Toshiba, moved over the 2.8ghz C2D E5500 into the Vostro. The only difference between the 2 machines performance wise was the toshiba had 800mhz ram, the vostro i only have 667Mhz ram. Oh well. The gigabit etherent is what i wanted for logic anyways.

I did an install without the Nvidia card. Perfect first try. No KP's, everything detected and fully working. Updated to 10.7.3. Perfect!. Throw in the graphics card...yea, PCI Configuration begin. Kp. Kp..Kp..

So i say hell with it. Only took 20 minutes anyway. Reload iAtkos. boots up, but only detects 3mb of video ram and no kext laoded. WTH? i just installed you on a different motherboard, u picked up the card full QE/CI...hmm..

So now every other boot im greeted with "cpu(s) failed to respond to interrupts unresponsive cpu bitmap" kernel panic. Just simply reboot, all is well.

Any suggestions? The ONLY thing i can possibly fathom is the 120watt psu thats in this system. Everything else i know is tested and working. Any ideas?

Thanks guys