[SOLVED...sort of]Cannot get VoodooHDA to control the correct device

Neo Toxin

1 post in this topic

I have an odd issue - I think its odd anyway - with my VoodooHDA. I have a Radeon HD 6850 with a built in HDA controller and that is what voodooHDA sees. However the actual audio is coming out of my on-board audio - which is what i want - but the issue is that with voodooHDA only seeing the HD6850's HDMI audio I have no control what-so-ever over my on-board audio.

The sound is coming from ON-board crystal clear, 24-bit, 44100.0 Hz, I just cannot control any of the volume settings without voodoo properly recognizing my on-board and not the HDMI. Now it would be nice if I could switch between on-board and HDMI, however priority number 1 is to get the on-board working even if it means disabling the HDMI audio.

Now I have tried several different versions of voodooHDA, currently using the latest v2.7.2. I have modified my VoodooHDA.kext as per the link below but to no avail. I have also tried and properly modified the kext attached to the link below, it does stop detecting the HDMI, but I still have no control because voodooHDA pref pane wont work when that kext is loaded.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=220707

I have attached the info.plist (as .txt) file from my voodoohda kext, may be it will help. Also I have installed lspci and have provided the output below.

lspci -nn | grep Audio
00:14.2 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) [1002:4383]
03:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa88]

I find it interesting that the above command didn't find my on-board which is a "VIA VT1708S", yet there is crystal clear sound coming from it...maybe its the unknown device, it is a AMD chipset mobo after all.

Also here is a link to a post of someone who is having a very similar issue and claims to have tried most of the same fixes as Myself.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;mode=linear

EDIT: I have confirmed that the volume changes just fine if I remove the Radeon HD6850. As soon as I put the card back in, no go. Voodoo is wanting to control the HDMI audio on my card when its present and I cant seem to change it.

Info.txt

EDIT:

Ok so I have resolved this issue by adding a line to the info.plist to ignore the device id and vendor id separately, and to have it recognize only the correct device. Unfortunately I had some issues after and had to reformat so I lost the modified kext and the bookmark for the site I found it on. if I can run across it again I will post the links here.

Unfortunately this was apparently not the only issue, but instead of keeping this thread alive I will just start a new one for the new issue.