[Success]ASUS Rampage II Extreme

Royston Koh

7 posts in this topic

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

Updated System:

Vanilla 10.7.1

Running FakeSMC, Patched IONetworkingFamily (Added 88E8056 device ID), Patched IOAHCIStorageBlock (enable TRIM for non-Apple SSD) from /Extra/Extensions

Custom DSDT

Chameleon 2.1 R1445

Hackint0sh spec

ASUS Rampage II Extreme - BIOS 1504

Intel Core i7 920 - 2.67 GHz

Aeneon 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Crucial Ballistix 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

ASUS GTX 285 1 GB

OCZ Vertex 2 60GB

Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Working:

Updated using auto update and reboot works without tweaking anything.

So far no issue except audio is not fixed yet.

(AD2000B) already have HDA in System Profiler, going to try codec dump, PinConfig patch to see if it works.

But only free to do it next week 26th August.

Purpose of this post is to aid fellow R2E board users will be posting the stuff I use and more instructions next week. (I'm in the army thus time constrained)

Let me know what I should test on this system will do them next week.

• Like 1

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

Updated System:

Vanilla 10.7.1

Running FakeSMC, Patched IONetworkingFamily (Added 88E8056 device ID), Patched IOAHCIStorageBlock (enable TRIM for non-Apple SSD) from /Extra/Extensions

Custom DSDT

Chameleon 2.1 R1445

Hackint0sh spec

ASUS Rampage II Extreme - BIOS 1504

Intel Core i7 920 - 2.67 GHz

Aeneon 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Crucial Ballistix 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

ASUS GTX 285 1 GB

OCZ Vertex 2 60GB

Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Working:

Updated using auto update and reboot works without tweaking anything.

So far no issue except audio is not fixed yet.

(AD2000B) already have HDA in System Profiler, going to try codec dump, PinConfig patch to see if it works.

But only free to do it next week 26th August.

Purpose of this post is to aid fellow R2E board users will be posting the stuff I use and more instructions next week. (I'm in the army thus time constrained)

Let me know what I should test on this system will do them next week.

for audio try check my guide on sign...do you shutdown completely? because on mine config the pc don't shutdown completely, lcd poster stay on and also the external usb harddrive...maybe i have to use fakesmc?

for audio try check my guide on sign...do you shutdown completely? because on mine config the pc don't shutdown completely, lcd poster stay on and also the external usb harddrive...maybe i have to use fakesmc?

I'll try it in awhile along with your audio kext.

Have you fixed your DSDT with ASUS shutdown patch? (DSDT Editor)

• 1 month later...

Hi Royston,

I have a fairly similar spec machine to you (see sig), and I'm having heaps of trouble trying to get my install to boot properly. I'm using THIS METHOD to install, which installs a Rampage II Extreme specific DSDT into the Extras folder, but I'm having panic's and straight crashes all over the place, before the installer even loads. I'm now bogged down in a world of non-functioning KEXTs and perpetual reboots... ;)

I'm wondering if I could get a copy of your DSDT.aml to compare with the one I'm using?

Presumabaly, I should extract and patch my own DSDT, but I only started trying to do all this yesterday, so I'm not sure how! I'm pretty confident with computers, however, so if you know of any good guides to help me create my own DSDT, that would be a great help!

Cheers