HP Pavilion Dv6-1101so, trying off and on for over 2 years but..

flingor

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

My HP Pavilion Dv6-1101so is 2 years old and I have been trying and trying to install OSX on it at least 60 times.

I will give this laptop a couple of last chances but I am starting to believe this laptop is impossible!

Here are my specs in short:

Intel dual core T4200 2 Ghz

Intel Cantiga PM45

ATI Mob. Radeon HD4530 (M92)

IDT 92HD75B3X5@Intel 82801IB ICH9 HD AUDIO

Intel ICH9-E/M SATA AHCI

JMB38X MS/SD/MMC/xD HOST CONTROLLER

Broadcpm wifi BMC 4310 (Ubuntu says BMC4312?)

Realtek PCIe GBE RTL8168C/8111C

USB intel 82801IB ICH9

Bios Insyde F.44

I have followed Mammuth excellent guide (2.0.0) to the point but I m not even able to start installation. Kernel panic off course!

The guide says about bios config

> Virtualization Technology = <Enabled>

> LAN Power Saving = <Enabled>

> Card Reader / 1394 Power Saving = <Enabled>

> Fan Always On = <Disabled>

In my bios i can only change the "Fan always on" and boot order. Maybe this is the crucial thing with my laptop? Do I need to mod my bios to get these options? (I made a mod for wifi according to the guide)

I have a clean DSDT (made with Ubuntu). I have tried some of the patch packs in Auto-patcher but same result.Report.txt (my detailed system report)

post-846497-1312852132_thumb.jpg Photo of my 10 last kernel panics. (1 photo)

dsdt.aml.zip (clean DSDT made with Ubuntu)

I have done all the efforts without any help (almost) but now when I really thought I had something going on here, I am stuck. I hope someone finds this interesting and worth some input!?

Hi everyone.

My HP Pavilion Dv6-1101so is 2 years old and I have been trying and trying to install OSX on it at least 60 times.

I will give this laptop a couple of last chances but I am starting to believe this laptop is impossible!

Here are my specs in short:

Intel dual core T4200 2 Ghz

Intel Cantiga PM45

ATI Mob. Radeon HD4530 (M92)

IDT 92HD75B3X5@Intel 82801IB ICH9 HD AUDIO

Intel ICH9-E/M SATA AHCI

JMB38X MS/SD/MMC/xD HOST CONTROLLER

Broadcpm wifi BMC 4310 (Ubuntu says BMC4312?)

Realtek PCIe GBE RTL8168C/8111C

USB intel 82801IB ICH9

Bios Insyde F.44

I have followed Mammuth excellent guide (2.0.0) to the point but I m not even able to start installation. Kernel panic off course!

The guide says about bios config

> Virtualization Technology = <Enabled>

> LAN Power Saving = <Enabled>

> Card Reader / 1394 Power Saving = <Enabled>

> Fan Always On = <Disabled>

In my bios i can only change the "Fan always on" and boot order. Maybe this is the crucial thing with my laptop? Do I need to mod my bios to get these options? (I made a mod for wifi according to the guide)

I have a clean DSDT (made with Ubuntu). I have tried some of the patch packs in Auto-patcher but same result.Report.txt (my detailed system report)

post-846497-1312852132_thumb.jpg Photo of my 10 last kernel panics. (1 photo)

dsdt.aml.zip (clean DSDT made with Ubuntu)

I have done all the efforts without any help (almost) but now when I really thought I had something going on here, I am stuck. I hope someone finds this interesting and worth some input!?

I have similar laptop which is DV6-1128TX...and I have everything working except for sleep. Try booting with cpus=1 -x -v

I have similar laptop which is DV6-1128TX...and I have everything working except for sleep. Try booting with cpus=1 -x -v

Thanks for the input but I have tried the common switches and they all give kernel panic.

I have now tried with a dsdt file that I patched with DV95885EG in Auto-patcher. For the first time I didn´t get kernel panic- I got "still waiting for boot device". I did then start with -x switch and got stuck on RealtekR1000. That seem to happen a lot when I start with -x. I have been up for 72 hours with this now and at the moment I can´t think. All info needed are in my profile.

I really wonder what you have done that I missed. Could you maybe give me a clue?

What did you do with Insyde bios? Have you modified it for advanced options? I am starting to think thats the only thing I haven't done yet. I have done the easy wifi mod but how to get advanced opts is rather difficult and risky right?

I really wonder what you have done that I missed. Could you maybe give me a clue?

What did you do with Insyde bios? Have you modified it for advanced options? I am starting to think thats the only thing I haven't done yet. I have done the easy wifi mod but how to get advanced opts is rather difficult and risky right?

I would advise you to remove your dsdt and try to boot after that. Also make sure you don't have unnecessary kexts in your extra folder. I am not at my Hackintosh so can't upload the kexts that I have. If you need them let me know. In the meantime try to boot without the dsdt and see what happens

I would advise you to remove your dsdt and try to boot after that. Also make sure you don't have unnecessary kexts in your extra folder. I am not at my Hackintosh so can't upload the kexts that I have. If you need them let me know. In the meantime try to boot without the dsdt and see what happens

I tried that but it didn´t work. Same result. I have looked here and there on the net and found something called "ModUSBOSX86" and tried that on the USB with the installation image. For the first time the installation worked! There were no dsdt file there so you are right. Now I can´t get it to start without a panic. "Local apic error". Do you know where I can find a list of boot-switches? Laptop specific next or even a kernel?

I have got it started and somethings are working well!!

Sleep is not working at all.

Screen resolution only 1024x768.

Webcam not working.

I can only start from USB-stick.

It´s a good start for me and I will try further and read further.