dnyc2259

14 posts in this topic

First, My current configuration

T61 7658-CTO

Graphics : GMA X3100

Ethernet : 82566MM

wifi : Thinkpad Atheros ABG

Audio : Intel HD Audio

Bluetooth still not working(but I dont need that nor do i care)

Firewire Working

USB working

CD/DVD working (with Roxio Toast Titanium 10)

Next, Tried all of the various Lion 10.7 GM install Guides (extracted to USB)

Including this one http://www.99bits.com/2011/03/how-to-insta...s-x-lion-on-pc/

And all of them go into the reboot cycle after "Loading up darwin"

I do not get the apple install gui....

I've tried CPUS=1, I've tried arch=x86_32, I've tried -x, -v, -s... I've even tried the Legacy Mach_Kernel.kext, and it gets past the loading darwin.... but it seems to crash on achi, usb, and gmax3100 driver loads...

One of the final messages I got was the GMA-X3100 controller is not supported....

So, if there's any help out there... it would be much appreciated...

I've been at this since the GM came out....

Downloaded HACKBOOT V6.2 and install of 10.7 Lion went flawlessly

The only thing not working was sound so I installed sound kext.... NOW, the big issue is in my dual boot configuration Snow-leopard is installed with chameleon rc4.... and installing RC5 will brick the system. Fortunately I had a backup and reinstalled chameleon rc4....

So the big issue is the only way I can boot is via hackboot cd... need a solution...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally....... following this [GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Lion, modifiable to support any motherboard :)

I was able to install OSX Lion on my Thinkpad T61.... it is working well with USB Mouse and Keyboard plugged in...

The outstanding issue is the VoodooPS2Controller.pkg (which installs the mouse/keyboard doesn't work.... package installs, repair permissions reboot with -v -f flags.... still no native keyboard/mouse

Sound, Wifi, Ethernet etc.... all working... just no native keyboard/mouse(trackpad)

Which guide were you using?

I always try to get full screen resolution (1400x1050), graphics acceleration, and backlight dimming to work first thing after a successful install.

I'll wait with my Lion install till the final version of Lion is out and let you know how it works on my T61 with X3100.

• 2 weeks later...

For WiFi to work you need a compatible Mini PCI card. I'm using an Atheros WiFi card (168c:1014), which is working well in my T61 with Lion. just had to add the device ID to AirPortAtheros21.kext.

The X3100 is working in Lion at full resolution and acceleration (32bit kernel) after I applied this DSDT patch:
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=763

I have an issue with lagging GUI animations after wake from sleep though. My guess is that the integrated graphics don't wake up properly. I have to further look into it, maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

I ended up using the MaLd0n guide(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729&pid=1682515&mode=threaded&start=) to finally install Lion.

I had purchased an Asus USB n-10 wireless adaptor. It works perfectly in tiger and Lion.

However, I was able to get the built in Atheros wifi working.
I used my tiger I080211Family.kext and installed using Kext utility 2.

I have a few remaining issues. Any ideas?

Occasionally, when I try to open something, the cursor will spin and freeze. I have to use "relauch desktop" to fix.

Sound will only work with headphones-not speaker. I used Voodoohda 2.7.2.

I was able to fix app store issue and video is set to 1024x768.