• 19 posts
http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=791

blakken

blakken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
thanks very much for the news.By the way pmversion is 23.

siwa

siwa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

thanks very much for the news.By the way pmversion is 23.

legacy_kernel 10.6.8 work for me without instant reboot
AMD Phenom 955BE
MSI 790FX-GD70
POV 9600GSO
Posted Image

tle88

tle88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Works well. Thank You.

I update with combo update 10.6.8 and after
that install legacy_kernel 10.8 by installer.

In next start machine only think a little bit more
before it was ready.

Chameleon is version 1091, and I have nvidia
9800. Video works well too.

Everything is 64 -bit.

Tuure

-.-

AmigaOS

AmigaOS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I just installed nawcoms latest 10.8.0 kernel on my AMD system and I get the same exact problem I was having with the 10.7.0 kernel. It works for a random amount of time and then the graphics scrambles and MAC OSX freezes so you have to reset and reboot. Also XBench and Geekbench scores are about 5% slower than with 10.6.0 which is odd because they are about 5% faster using 10.7.0. For now I have to yet again drop back down to 10.6.0 kernel with 10.6.8.
Would really be nice to know whats causing this as I know other AMD users have had this problem also. The common denominator seems to be Phenoms....

siwa

siwa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I just installed nawcoms latest 10.8.0 kernel on my AMD system and I get the same exact problem I was having with the 10.7.0 kernel. It works for a random amount of time and then the graphics scrambles and MAC OSX freezes so you have to reset and reboot. Also XBench and Geekbench scores are about 5% slower than with 10.6.0 which is odd because they are about 5% faster using 10.7.0. For now I have to yet again drop back down to 10.6.0 kernel with 10.6.8.
Would really be nice to know whats causing this as I know other AMD users have had this problem also. The common denominator seems to be Phenoms....

what VGA card do you have?? if you have nvidia try to replace IOPCIFamily.kext and IOACPIPlatform.kext 10.6.7 into / Extra / Extensions, don't forget use kext wizard or kext utility to repair permissions/rebuilt kext to fix your problem...

AmigaOS

AmigaOS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Its an Nvidia 8400GS. I already replaced those kext to get past the PCI hang. I also had this exact same problem using 10.6.7. with the 10.7.0 kernel so even with 10.6.7 I had to use the 10.6.0 kernel. This is a problem others have had also and so far no fix has been discovered. This problem existed before 10.6.8 and started with 10.6.7 and the 10.7.0 kernel. The 10.8.0 kernel causes the same exact problem. It does the same thing with an older Nvidia 7300. Most (if not all) people reporting this problem were using AMD Phenom cpu's.

AlienX2

AlienX2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
How can i report bug to nawcom? i have log file...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy