Belkin USB Wireless Adapter F5D7050

sev7en

54 posts in this topic

Got my F5D7050 v5 working :( In case anyone else is trying to get their v5 to work, here are some instructions. I'm no Mac genius but this seemed to work for me. I take no credit for this as all I've done is follow a few other people's words!

1. The v5 uses a Realtek chipset, so download the RTL8187B drivers from the Realtek website HERE .

2. Things get annoying here as the drivers don't work automatically with the USB stick. So what you have to do is, in Finder, go to System/Library/Extensions, and then find the RTL8187Bl.kext file. Right click it and press 'open package' or something similar.

3. Now we can start to get the stick working. Go into Contents, and drag the file called 'info.plist' onto the desktop. Open it in textedit, and find the bit which looks like this:

<key>Realtek RTL8187B(8187)</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.realtek.driver.RTL8187B</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>RTL8187B</string>

<key>IOKitDebug</key>

<integer>65535</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOUSBInterface</string>

<key>Realtek_WLAN_NIC_parameter</key>

<dict>

<key>LedCtrl</key>

<integer>1</integer>

</dict>

<key>Realtek_common_reg</key>

<dict>

<key>CcxOffLineDurUpLimit</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>CcxRm</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>Channel</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>NetworkType</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>QoS</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>SSID</key>

<string>ANY</string>

<key>StaUapsd</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>WiFi11bIbss</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>bRateAdaptive</key>

<integer>1</integer>

</dict>

<key>bConfigurationValue</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>bInterfaceNumber</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>bcdDevice</key>

<integer>512</integer>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>28766</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>1293</integer>

These two values at the bottom are the important ones, you need to change whatever number appears there first to the 2 which are there in my post (28766 and 1293). Then save, close, and copy it back into System/Library/Extensions, click replace when asked.

4. Then you have to repair disk permissions. I use 'OSX86 Tools' for this (Google it). Then reboot. Voila! Plug the stick in as you're booting up, and should work (the blue crab program should run automatically).

5. Alternatively, I have uploaded the modified info.plist file, so if you want, download that and you can skip out step 3. (You just have to open the existing RTL8187b kext file and swap the info.plist files over! The uploaded file is here. Note that this link will obviously expire, if you need the file after this then send me a message.)

Hope this helps anyone who is in the position I was in an hour ago!

hey im like brand new to the Iatkos scene, and i installed v7 on my Compaq Persario c700.

installed it has aBroadcom® 802.11b/g WLAN and i also have a Belkin 2.0 USB wireless dongle thingy.

At the moment both of them dont work and im just using a cable, i successfully installed that orangeware program in the hope that it would work, however for the final step i had to press the button wireless configuration which gave me the message You cannot open Wireless Configuration preferences because it doesn't work on an Intel-based Mac."

now im completely stumped and have no idea how to install either driver, btw if you havnt already figured i know nothing about computers.

Could someone please point out for me a link to a driver or a tutorial to explain simply how to install one of those wireless drivers or to make it so i can use wireless configuration, cheers :(

hey im like brand new to the Iatkos scene, and i installed v7 on my Compaq Persario c700.

installed it has aBroadcom® 802.11b/g WLAN and i also have a Belkin 2.0 USB wireless dongle thingy.

At the moment both of them dont work and im just using a cable, i successfully installed that orangeware program in the hope that it would work, however for the final step i had to press the button wireless configuration which gave me the message You cannot open Wireless Configuration preferences because it doesn't work on an Intel-based Mac."

now im completely stumped and have no idea how to install either driver, btw if you havnt already figured i know nothing about computers.

Could someone please point out for me a link to a driver or a tutorial to explain simply how to install one of those wireless drivers or to make it so i can use wireless configuration, cheers :)

Not sure about the Broadcom so lets focus on the Belkin usb stick. First you've got to work out which version it is... go here to try and identify it, and post back with what you find.

Not sure about the Broadcom so lets focus on the Belkin usb stick. First you've got to work out which version it is... go here to try and identify it, and post back with what you find.

ok so its a 3xxx

K7SF5D7050B

ok so its a 3xxx

K7SF5D7050B

i just figured out how to install it, i just you tubed how to install belkin usb stick and followed the instructions,

thanks anyways guys