• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BitTitan

BitTitan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have an ASUS N50VN running 10.6.7 Retail. Everything is going great except two parts. Wireless and Sleep. Wireless was an easy fix, I had a compatible broadcomm laying around so I used it instead of the Intel 5100 agn.

This sleep issue is really bugging me. I used ##### and ##### to facilitate the installation of Retail OSX.

In ##### I used a DSDT that Marlorn provided for another ASUS N50 user (attached below). In his post, he had some accroynms that was unsure of, I don't know if it was what patches he added to the DSDT or patches that still needed to be applied. I also used his smbios.plist he provided in the same post (attached aswell). Ah yes, chipset is ICH9M.

I am using the 10.6.7 Sleepenabler.kext from Nawcom (I think that's the name) and it works beautifully on another computer.

Whenever the computer sleeps, I hear the drives immediately spin back up as if it wanted to restart, but a hard restart is required in order to power up.

Thanks!

Attached Files

BlackSheep VS RustyNail

BlackSheep VS RustyNail

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
can you provide an unmodified dsdt.dsl extracted from windows?

I have an ASUS N50VN running 10.6.7 Retail. Everything is going great except two parts. Wireless and Sleep. Wireless was an easy fix, I had a compatible broadcomm laying around so I used it instead of the Intel 5100 agn.

This sleep issue is really bugging me. I used ##### and ##### to facilitate the installation of Retail OSX.

In ##### I used a DSDT that Marlorn provided for another ASUS N50 user (attached below). In his post, he had some accroynms that was unsure of, I don't know if it was what patches he added to the DSDT or patches that still needed to be applied. I also used his smbios.plist he provided in the same post (attached aswell). Ah yes, chipset is ICH9M.

I am using the 10.6.7 Sleepenabler.kext from Nawcom (I think that's the name) and it works beautifully on another computer.

Whenever the computer sleeps, I hear the drives immediately spin back up as if it wanted to restart, but a hard restart is required in order to power up.

Thanks!

BitTitan

BitTitan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Here is a clean DSDT extracted from Windows.

Attached Files

BlackSheep VS RustyNail

BlackSheep VS RustyNail

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
fixed DSDT attached, bR

Here is a clean DSDT extracted from Windows.

Attached Files

• Attached File  DSDT.zip   19.56KB   40 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy