8 replies to this topic

Jnani

Jnani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello everyone,
I am trying to get my Synaptic Trackpad working OS X 10.6.7. I have tried using VoodooPS2 and modifying the ApplePS2Controller but nothing has helped . I have tried the Voodoo installer and it installs the files but I get the error ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found. I know I am using a Synaptic Trackpad (Model Synaptics-ELAN). I am wondering how I can get the trackpad to move the mouse. The keyboard works great with key commands and f buttons working but the trackpad does not. I have tried booting in 32 bit mode by pressing 3 at chameleon prompt but that has not worked. Thanks for any help.
Jnani

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
Try this one:
http://www.projectos...?...ic=1452&hl=

Jnani

Jnani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Try this one:
http://www.projectos...?...ic=1452&hl=

I put the kexts in S/L/E and nothing changed. The keyboard still works but the trackpad doesn't work. Should I place the kexts in S/L/E or in E/E. Also are the kexts 64 bit or 32 bit. I wonder if its because my computer is incompatible. Hope its not :). Any other options :). Thanks,
Jnani

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,838 posts

Model Synaptics-ELAN

If it's an Elantech trackpad, try removing VoodooPS2Trackpad from PlugIns folder, it will work with VoodooPS2Mouse.

Jnani

Jnani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

If it's an Elantech trackpad, try removing VoodooPS2Trackpad from PlugIns folder, it will work with VoodooPS2Mouse.

Ok I did that and it didn't change anything. Are there any other kexts that I should remove?
Jnani

dgrx

dgrx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
Had the same problem on OSX64. Try this kext in E/E, Remake mkext. It works for me on Synaptic Trackpad working OS X 10.6.7. Remove any other VodooPS2 kext. Keyboard,trackpad, and usb mouse all work. Trackpad options can be configured from System Preferences. Hope it works for you too ;) Attached File  VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip   135.84KB   220 downloads

Jnani

Jnani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Had the same problem on OSX64. Try this kext in E/E, Remake mkext. It works for me on Synaptic Trackpad working OS X 10.6.7. Remove any other VodooPS2 kext. Keyboard,trackpad, and usb mouse all work. Trackpad options can be configured from System Preferences. Hope it works for you too :wacko: Attached File  VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip   135.84KB   220 downloads

When you said remake mkext what do you mean. Also should I remove the ACPIPS2Nub.kext and APCIPS2Controller.kext and is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Thanks for your help.
Jnani

dgrx

dgrx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts

When you said remake mkext what do you mean. Also should I remove the ACPIPS2Nub.kext and APCIPS2Controller.kext and is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Thanks for your help.
Jnani

1) Take a look at this thread Kext Wizard. It's a great tool for working with kext. All the kext's in the E/E folder, will be combined into the mkext. Put the mkext in the Extra folder, Chameleon will use the mkext during loading.

2) Yes, remove the ACPIPS2Nub.kext and APCIPS2Controller.kext . Not needed with this kext, all built in ;)

So... Remove the unwanted kext's from E/E. Put this kext in E/E. Get Kext Wizard and run it. When the app opens check "Extra". It will build (rebuild) the mkext, and correct the permissions of the E/E folder. As for 32 bit or 64 bit__ it's both :)

Jnani

Jnani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

1) Take a look at this thread Kext Wizard. It's a great tool for working with kext. All the kext's in the E/E folder, will be combined into the mkext. Put the mkext in the Extra folder, Chameleon will use the mkext during loading.

2) Yes, remove the ACPIPS2Nub.kext and APCIPS2Controller.kext . Not needed with this kext, all built in :)

So... Remove the unwanted kext's from E/E. Put this kext in E/E. Get Kext Wizard and run it. When the app opens check "Extra". It will build (rebuild) the mkext, and correct the permissions of the E/E folder. As for 32 bit or 64 bit__ it's both :)

Thanks for your fast reply. That kext wizard looks like a great tool :). However it did not solve my problems. I think that my hardware might be incompatible because I followed all of your steps in order. I might simply return my laptop to Coscto and get an ASUS (It seems that they are very compatible with osx) :). If you have any other options that might work please tell me. Thanks any ways,
Jnani

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy