So, after upgrading to a new p8p67 motherboard with i5 sandy bridges processor, iSight broke.
The firewire drivers worked fine for other devices, and System Profiler could even see the iSight camera. So why didn't it work? Turns out there is a legitimate issue with iSight and old firmware versions not working properly on some firewire chipsets.
What I did to fix the problem was:
1) Download iSightUpdater103.dmg at: http://support.apple...t_Updater_1_0_3
2) Double click on the dmg file (duh).
3) Right mouse click on iSightUpdater103.pkg and click 'Show Package Contents'.
4) In the Contents folder copy Archive.pax.gz to your desktop.
5) Double click on it (again, duh).
6) In the extracted Applications | Utilities | 'iSight Updater 1.0.3' folder path double click on iSight Updater 1.0.3.app.
7) Follow instructions (install Rosetta and update firmware).
1 reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users