Need Recommendation for New Mini PCI-E Express Wifi

Akujin

2 posts in this topic

I just wrote a giant post that kinda turned into a Guide in the newbie forum.

The built in Atheros AR9285 has abruptly stopped working. After examining the connection internally as well as trying Windows 7 it appears that despite the fact that both operating systems can "see" the card, the card can't "see" any broadcasting wireless SSIDs. So in short it appears to be broken. I know that replacements can be easily had on ebay for 10-20 bucks so I'm asking for a recommendation.

My preference is something that will automagically work in 10.6.0 and above.

It must be MINI PCI-E Express which is HALF the size of Express PCI-E.

Examples.

This is something of course that I can Google but I would like to hear people's opinions.

I just wrote a giant post that kinda turned into a Guide in the newbie forum.

The built in Atheros AR9285 has abruptly stopped working. After examining the connection internally as well as trying Windows 7 it appears that despite the fact that both operating systems can "see" the card, the card can't "see" any broadcasting wireless SSIDs. So in short it appears to be broken. I know that replacements can be easily had on ebay for 10-20 bucks so I'm asking for a recommendation.

My preference is something that will automagically work in 10.6.0 and above.

It must be MINI PCI-E Express which is HALF the size of Express PCI-E.

Examples.

This is something of course that I can Google but I would like to hear people's opinions.

I got a Broadcom 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI BCM4306 Card of ebay for less then 10 bucks. Seems to be decently supported by the community.