Huawei K3765-HV

kgenjuro

1 post in this topic

Hello all,

i bought the Huawei K3765-HV Internet Stick, at the installation on SL 10.6.6 i used the software it came with (VodafoneMobileConnect) but the Software didn´t start at all. So i found this link (http://www.artanis.info/blog/?p=799). I dindn´t do any manual cleanup at first, i just dragged that Vodafone icon into trash.And tried the steps i just read:

1. Downloaded and installed HUAWEI UMTS Data Card Driver

2. 4 Devices came up in "Network"

3. Selected "HUAWEIMobile-Modem" > "Advanced"

4. Below the entry "Generic" i changed the settings from "Dialup Device" to "GPRS (GSM/3G)"

5. APN i used "web.vodafone.de"

6. Login was "d2/vodafone"

Everything worked fine, till the next time i turned on the computer.

Modem was still there. BUt when i tried to connect, it directly disconnects and tells me there was an error communicating with the modem. Any ideas? By the way is there any log i can open to see what the modem is doing in the moment its trying to connect? I installed the modem scripts i found in "MobileConnectDriver(4.16.00.00)(for Mac OSX 10.-10.6)", so that the Device under advanced tab was listed as Huawei K3765-HV instead of "GPRS (GSM/3G)" but no changes.

I tried to recreate the Situation and did a reinstall, this time it is SL 10.6.7

I just used the drivers i found (No VodafoneMobileConnect) in "MobileConnectDriver(4.16.00.00)(for Mac OSX 10.-10.6), still the same error.Could it be that there where some kexts from the VOdafoneSoftware or anything like this SL used when it was running the first time?

It was up nice and stable and even faster as when i used the stick under Windows 7. Other users seem to have this Stick up and running, so what am i doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx alot

kgen