DistroWatch, What The Hell?

Alessandro17

2 posts in this topic

At the moment, if you post in the reader comments section at DistroWatch, nothing will show up.

Fair enough, you expect that all posts will be read and , unless they are spam or total {censored}, approved.

But that is not the case, I posted a perfect legit comment on openSUSE 11.4 RC2, but it never showed up.

Ladislav is not new to funny behaviour towards his readers. He is quite dogmatic. But there is something even worse.

At the bottom of his reader comments page, you can read the following:

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)

Well, I find that totally out of order. You call your readers "fools" even before they post? I have always found that very, very rude. Then they must be fools indeed if they visit your forum and help you making a living.

Recently I have begun to believe that many Linux zealots, with their dogmas and funny behaviour are a bit mad.

Please notice that I am not calling ordinary Linux users "mad", I am one of them. I am of the opinion tha Linux (desperately) needs a pragmatic approach.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed above are mine & do not in any way reflect the views of InsanelyMac or its owners.

• 1 month later...
Well, I find that totally out of order. You call your readers "fools" even before they post? I have always found that very, very rude. Then they must be fools indeed if they visit your forum and help you making a living.

I agree with you on that one, but the fact that he calls his readers "fools" isen't even the issue to me. The fact that he censors (possibly) negative comments is.

Oh well, I never really use it anyway :D