• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

--Nikola-Tesla--

--Nikola-Tesla--

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I recently purchase a HP Compaq tc4400 tablet PC and i was wondering if i Could install OS X 10.6 on it?

Here's the Specs

Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 @ 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Detailed Specs

2GB Corsair 667 MHz PC2-5300 DDR2

120GB Western Digital SATA Hard Drive

Intel GMA 945M with 224MB RAM

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit PCI Express Ethernet Controller

HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Technology 2.0

ADI SoundMAX HD Audio

Authentec Finger Print Reader

Wacom Active Digitizer

( Hewlett Packard Information HP TC4400 info )

Any suggestions to distros or methods to install would be greatly appreciated. Also any outside drivers would be great as well.

Thanks

RamosDevil

RamosDevil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I've only answered on components I am sure of - the rest I do not know about.

Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 @ 1.83 GHz

This is a compatible processor.

Intel GMA 945M with 224MB RAM

You may have some trouble getting your computer to display your native resolution. I have the same graphics chip and I was able to get it running in 1280x800. It took a lot of work though, as the GMA series is not supported - You will need modified kexts. Tough, not impossible.

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit PCI Express Ethernet Controller

This wireless card is not supported, you will need either a new card or a USB adapter for WiFi. On the other hand, the Broadcom Ethernet Controller should work with a wired connection.

As for the rest of your components, hopefully others can give you more information.

--Nikola-Tesla--

--Nikola-Tesla--

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
thanks

I've only answered on components I am sure of - the rest I do not know about.

This is a compatible processor.

You may have some trouble getting your computer to display your native resolution. I have the same graphics chip and I was able to get it running in 1280x800. It took a lot of work though, as the GMA series is not supported - You will need modified kexts. Tough, not impossible.

This wireless card is not supported, you will need either a new card or a USB adapter for WiFi. On the other hand, the Broadcom Ethernet Controller should work with a wired connection.

As for the rest of your components, hopefully others can give you more information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy