Extract Drivers from Boot Camp Disk

johnborges

2 posts in this topic

Heres a way to extract the xp drivers from the boot camp driver disk. You need to be running windows.

Copy the file "Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe" to your hard disk. place it somewhere easy to navigate from a dos window. It helps to rename it to something simple like macdrv.exe.

Make a directory next, I suggest "macdrv" for a name and place it in the same directory as the macdrv.exe file.

Open a dos window, navigate to where the macdrv.exe file is located then type

macdrv /a

This will start a "network install" of the driver disk. It will prompt you for the locations where to install the files.

You can put in the directory you just created.

Also copies the control panel and the documentation files.

You can use a program like windows program NSLite (google it) to slipstream the driver files and any other service packs or updates into your xp or windows 2000 install cd.

• 1 year later...
Heres a way to extract the xp drivers from the boot camp driver disk. You need to be running windows.

Copy the file "Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe" to your hard disk. place it somewhere easy to navigate from a dos window. It helps to rename it to something simple like macdrv.exe.

Make a directory next, I suggest "macdrv" for a name and place it in the same directory as the macdrv.exe file.

Open a dos window, navigate to where the macdrv.exe file is located then type

macdrv /a

This will start a "network install" of the driver disk. It will prompt you for the locations where to install the files.

You can put in the directory you just created.

Also copies the control panel and the documentation files.

You can use a program like windows program NSLite (google it) to slipstream the driver files and any other service packs or updates into your xp or windows 2000 install cd.

i cant get my copy of boot camp to work and cant down load it any more dose any one have a copy of the extracted driver's i could download from anywhere thanks