Intel 3945abg

keroger2k

1 post in this topic

I have managed to get everything working on my Compaq 6710b (that i want) except for the wireless card. I've read countless blog entries and have googled for the past few days and I have only come up with one solution. Buying a WG111v3 USB card and installing the 10.6 drivers from netgears website. I'm running 10.6.5 vanilla. Using Empire EFI as my boot manager. I hate the USB card. Does anyone have an alternative for me? I'm willing to buy another mini pci-e card, but I don't know which one to buy? I've looked on ebay for the cards that are installed in a mac, but those won't fit the best I can tell into a PC.

I've used the voodoo drivers to get the airport device to show up in SL, however I'm unable to connect to any network (encrypted or open). Also, when the airport device is open it seems like SL become much less stable and has crashed on me multiple times.

Once again, any suggestions or alternatives would be greatly appreciated as although this laptop is old it really runs well with OSX and I'd like to continue using it.

Thanks!