• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Chrisj7

Chrisj7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Let me start off by saying, this computer was great at first using windows, gaming, everything and i was in love with it. Until the day i popped in the Distro's. Next i have to inform you i have no sata options at all in my bios, all it is is description of the computer and boot options, plus some unnecessary options. I have no clue if im running AHCI or IDE.
Next the specs:

AMD Turion x2 2.5ghz - N530
AMD M880G with 256mb ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 running 1366x768x59
Altec Lansing HD Speakers, Idk the model number.
Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (Which i hear that its native in SL)
HP 1444 Motherboard, AMD 785GX Chipset.

Now the problem:

I turn on my laptop, and enter the bios for the first time (praying for the best) and as i thought, a typical hp bios, no options at all, im not sure if theres ways to unlock them, but my mindless google journey shows none.
So i next popped in the hazard 10.6 disc in which is intel & amd, i saw the first 5 kernels load i think, then my screen flashes, as if its going into the smaller text faze, or probally the boot faze, of the dvd but i see a blank blueish black screen...
I pop in my iatkos v7 and it loads great, and i get the installation complete, when it boots, it does the exact same thing, but its dvd loads. I was wondering if my graphics card was the problem, if leopard supported but Sleopard didnt, but then again why would they un-support something...
I cant turn my graphics card off in the bios so far i know, as i've spent hours trying sequences of buttons to unlock options.
I have tried cpu=1, and busratio=20, both at the same time, and nothing seems to work.

I hope this long description doesn't repel anyone away, and that it doesnt go to waste.

NiiiiCCkk

NiiiiCCkk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Let me start off by saying, this computer was great at first using windows, gaming, everything and i was in love with it. Until the day i popped in the Distro's. Next i have to inform you i have no sata options at all in my bios, all it is is description of the computer and boot options, plus some unnecessary options. I have no clue if im running AHCI or IDE.
Next the specs:

AMD Turion x2 2.5ghz - N530
AMD M880G with 256mb ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 running 1366x768x59
Altec Lansing HD Speakers, Idk the model number.
Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (Which i hear that its native in SL)
HP 1444 Motherboard, AMD 785GX Chipset.

Now the problem:

I turn on my laptop, and enter the bios for the first time (praying for the best) and as i thought, a typical hp bios, no options at all, im not sure if theres ways to unlock them, but my mindless google journey shows none.
So i next popped in the hazard 10.6 disc in which is intel & amd, i saw the first 5 kernels load i think, then my screen flashes, as if its going into the smaller text faze, or probally the boot faze, of the dvd but i see a blank blueish black screen...
I pop in my iatkos v7 and it loads great, and i get the installation complete, when it boots, it does the exact same thing, but its dvd loads. I was wondering if my graphics card was the problem, if leopard supported but Sleopard didnt, but then again why would they un-support something...
I cant turn my graphics card off in the bios so far i know, as i've spent hours trying sequences of buttons to unlock options.
I have tried cpu=1, and busratio=20, both at the same time, and nothing seems to work.

I hope this long description doesn't repel anyone away, and that it doesnt go to waste.

I have the exact same pc and I use this SNOWLEO_MAC_Snow_Leopard_OSX86_64_For_INTEL_AMD_32_64_MBR_GUID (search it on google and click tpb link). it installs perfectly but the resolution and mouse/keyboard dont work. neither does internet such as ethernet and wifi. what i did was install iatkos with the right drivers for keyboard and mouse and graphics and such. then i popped in the snowleo disc and installed the ati graphics and other stuff but NOT snow leopard. it boots into safe mode and mouse doesnt work but its a start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy