Network with iatkos V7 and M2N-1394 ?

ricouskim

47 posts in this topic

Ok it appears in the terminal so what? It must be an hidden folder? Can i see the hidden folders in leopard? I'm really a newbie in Macintosh :/ I know Ms Dos but the terminal is not the same language so i can't come inside the darwin folder via the terminal...

Edit: i've found an apply doing that: Onyx, i'm gonna try.

cd /Darwin/
ls

Thanks, in Darwin folder I only have 2 other folders: rc and system

In rc folder there are some files and bmp but no uninstall and in system folder i have:

Library folder -> Extensions folder -> nothing...

It's not good huh?

Since OS X is on its own HDD, download TinkerTool and use it to un-hide and re-hide hidden and system files, and then try deleting boot, btldr, btldr.mbr and the folder Darwin, and then run Dr Hurts Chameleon RC3 installer.......then reboot.......

Since OS X is on its own HDD, download TinkerTool and use it to un-hide and re-hide hidden and system files, and then try deleting boot, btldr, btldr.mbr and the folder Darwin, and then run Dr Hurts Chameleon RC3 installer.......then reboot.......

I did unhide files and folders with Onyx... I'll try with Tinkertool

I deleted boot file and darwin folder but no btldr files... I just installed Dr Hurts Chameleon RC3. I'm gonna reboot. :)

I have now a beautiful chameleon RC3 658 boot, no problem ;) So now what can i do? The flag thing with the usb?

I deleted boot file and darwin folder but no btldr files... I just installed Dr Hurts Chameleon RC3. I'm gonna reboot. :)

I have now a beautiful chameleon RC3 658 boot, no problem ;) So now what can i do? The flag thing with the usb?

Yes.........

Done. No change :)

Try the following USB BIOS settings if not the current settings......

Legacy USB Support [Auto]

USB 2.0 Controller Mode [HiSpeed]

BIOS EHCI Hand-off [Enabled]

Try the following USB BIOS settings if not the current settings......

Legacy USB Support [Auto]

USB 2.0 Controller Mode [HiSpeed]

BIOS EHCI Hand-off [Enabled]

My bios is like this:

USB 1.1 controller [enabled]

USB 2.0 controller [enabled]

Legacy USB Support [enabled] ---> I changed it in [auto]

USB 2.0 controller mode [Hispeed]

I don't find anything about EHCI Hand off.

No change for the usb ports. Maybe my kext for usb ports is not good? It's not a big problem since i have the apple keyboard working with 2 usb ports but it's slow to copy things from usb key. Anyway if we can't find it's not a big problem, thank you very much for th whole day help, i know it's not funny for you because i'm totally noob...

My bios is like this:

USB 1.1 controller [enabled]

USB 2.0 controller [enabled]

Legacy USB Support [enabled] ---> I changed it in [auto]

USB 2.0 controller mode [Hispeed]

I don't find anything about EHCI Hand off.

No change for the usb ports. Maybe my kext for usb ports is not good? It's not a big problem since i have the apple keyboard working with 2 usb ports but it's slow to copy things from usb key. Anyway if we can't find it's not a big problem, thank you very much for th whole day help, i know it's not funny for you because i'm totally noob...

Have a read of this thread on USB problems.........

You can also try Mystiquemacus's USB EHCI Fix by choosing only the usb ehci fix customize optionUSB_nForce_Fix.mpkg.zip...........as he said back in 2008

Issue 1: USB 2.0 Controller is not recognized... (To confirm the issue check System Profiler's USB section, High Speed Bus should be missing!)

Cause 1: This is a bios issue and the way apple reads usb controller from bios... As a result, USB2.0 Controller ownership cannot be taken from bios

Fix 1: Fixing this involves installing a pcgenusb patch force-take ownership from bios...

How the fix is Done: This is done through patching the source in IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext... by adding force lines into it... Currently there are two fixes for this for Leo. a-) Earlier version of AppleUSBEHCI.kext is patched and name is replaced with PGENUSBEHCI.kext (meaning you should see PCGENUSBEHCI instead of AppleUSBEHCI, inside plugins folder of IOUSBFamily) b-) Latest ?? version of AppleUSBEHCI is patched but name is unchanged! So it should look as original... If you have Both PCGENUSBEHCI and AppleUSBEHCI in the plugins, it means you are doing something wrong... One must go depending on which patched you are using... My suggestion is that if both there, remove appleusbehci, or completely replace iousbfamily with the one i ve given to you in a link before...

USB_nForce_Fix.mpkg.zip

thanks Verdant, I've read everything and tried nearly everything! Something i thought it would work was the first idea:

UPDATE (09/28/08): I just figured that after updating to 10.5.5, I started getting USB drives not mounting problem again. I am still using 9.2.0 kernel and system.kext. It appears that since 10.5.5, the IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is now not included as a plugin in the IOUSBFamily.kext, but separately in Extensions folder. Somehow with 9.2.0 kernel and system.kext, the kernel never picks up the updated massstorageclass kext. So I went ahead and copied this kext to the plugin folder of IOUSBFamily.kext and corrected the permissions. The USB drives mount fine now with updated USB kexts but older kernel and system.kext. I have not investigated extensively, so there may be some other cause. But if anybody cares, then it solved this for me.

Because in my IOUSBFamily.kext plugin folder there wasn't the IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext . So i added it and repair permissions with kext utility. But after reboot no change. I'm not in kernel 9.2.0 but 9.5.

I also tried the other ideas but i can't figure out.

Have you idea about my boot which works 1 time on 2 or 3. Sometimes there is "found 0 units" and it can't boot and sometimes it's ok... Problem with detecting my sata ports?

thanks Verdant, I've read everything and tried nearly everything! Something i thought it would work was the first idea:

UPDATE (09/28/08): I just figured that after updating to 10.5.5, I started getting USB drives not mounting problem again. I am still using 9.2.0 kernel and system.kext. It appears that since 10.5.5, the IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext is now not included as a plugin in the IOUSBFamily.kext, but separately in Extensions folder. Somehow with 9.2.0 kernel and system.kext, the kernel never picks up the updated massstorageclass kext. So I went ahead and copied this kext to the plugin folder of IOUSBFamily.kext and corrected the permissions. The USB drives mount fine now with updated USB kexts but older kernel and system.kext. I have not investigated extensively, so there may be some other cause. But if anybody cares, then it solved this for me.

Because in my IOUSBFamily.kext plugin folder there wasn't the IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext . So i added it and repair permissions with kext utility. But after reboot no change. I'm not in kernel 9.2.0 but 9.5.

I also tried the other ideas but i can't figure out.

Have you idea about my boot which works 1 time on 2 or 3. Sometimes there is "found 0 units" and it can't boot and sometimes it's ok... Problem with detecting my sata ports?

What does System Profiler now show for USB?

As for your SATA ports, confirm that your SATA/PATA controller device ID (DPCIManager 0.3) is supported by the AppleNForceATA kext(s) by checking the list here

list of device+vendor id for supported pata/sata chipsets by this kext:

PATA: 0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de

SATA: 0x008e10de 0x00e310de 0x00ee10de 0x003610de 0x003e10de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x026610de 0x026710de 0x037e10de 0x037f10de 0x03e710de 0x03f610de 0x03f710de 0x045c10de 0x045d10de 0x045e10de 0x045f10de

Know AHCI SATA enabled chipset device+vendor id: 0x044c10de 0x044d10de 0x044e10de 0x044f10d 0x055010de 0x055110de 0x055210de 0x055310de 0x056010de 0x055410de 0x058410de

Know AHCI PATA chipsets device+vendor id: 0x056010de 0x056010de 0x056c10de 0x075910de

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI SATA enabled chipsets" then you CANNOT USE THIS KEXT!

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI PATA enabled chipsets" then you can try to use this kext for the pata handling, but this is not tested, so try at your own risk!

What does System Profiler now show for USB?

As for your SATA ports, confirm that your SATA/PATA controller device ID (DPCIManager 0.3) is supported by the AppleNForceATA kext(s) by checking the list here

My system profiler give exactly the same infos as before for usb.

I had to download it from another link because there were nothing in the release/release leopard folder. Strange.

So i have 2 USB lines: MCP61 USB Controller with: 10de:03f1 and 10de:03f2

And for my sata controllers i have also 2 lines: MCP61 SATA Controller with id:

10de03f6

So i think it's ok (0x03f610de)?

When i click on Details i have:

Class: ERROR: Unknown Device class

SubClass: ERROR: Unknown Device Subclass

My system profiler give exactly the same infos as before for usb.

I had to download it from another link because there were nothing in the release/release leopard folder. Strange.

So i have 2 USB lines: MCP61 USB Controller with: 10de:03f1 and 10de:03f2

And for my sata controllers i have also 2 lines: MCP61 SATA Controller with id:

10de03f6

So i think it's ok (0x03f610de)?

When i click on Details i have:

Class: ERROR: Unknown Device class

SubClass: ERROR: Unknown Device Subclass

It is in the DPCIManager Release folder............but anyhow your SATA controller is supported by AppleNForceATA.......

Ok sometimes it boot sometimes not, so it's not a problem. I just made a video with imovie so my Hackintosh works not so bad :) Thank you again for trying to help me about the little problems remaining :P If you have any idea for my usb 2.0 don't hesitate :D Do you think i can update my leopard or it's better to don't touch anything as it work like this?

Ok sometimes it boot sometimes not, so it's not a problem. I just made a video with imovie so my Hackintosh works not so bad :) Thank you again for trying to help me about the little problems remaining :P If you have any idea for my usb 2.0 don't hesitate :D Do you think i can update my leopard or it's better to don't touch anything as it work like this?

For USB 2.0, as I said, you can also try Mystiquemacus's USB EHCI Fix.........

I recommend that you set up two OS X volumes on a HDD......then you can clone your existing system and then try updating the cloned volume to 10.5.8.........or, install Snow Leopard on the second volume............

• 5 months later...

I have the same motherboard with ricouskim and finally got it working with iDeneb. I have the same problem with USB and LAN. The problem is that i can't install kexts from any device rather than my windows HDs. When OSx86 tools load one text it tells me that acces is denied in some files...

I have the same motherboard with ricouskim and finally got it working with iDeneb. I have the same problem with USB and LAN. The problem is that i can't install kexts from any device rather than my windows HDs. When OSx86 tools load one text it tells me that acces is denied in some files...

Have you tried Kext Helper b7.....?

yes but the problem is that the files coming from the windowsHD are protected in some way that no program can use them. Any ideas how to remove this protection?

When using OS X Get Info for the files, what do you see for Ownership and Permissions? You should Read & Write as the file owner......and are you able to click on the padlock to change the Ownership and Permissions....?

When using OS X Get Info for the files, what do you see for Ownership and Permissions? You should Read & Write as the file owner......and are you able to click on the padlock to change the Ownership and Permissions....?

In some files it tells me that i have Read and write and in others custom privileges. Anyway i have the same problem in both cases. Also with kext helper the kexts pass but no change after reboot.

Using the OSx86 tools tells me that for some files I don't have the privileges...

In some files it tells me that i have Read and write and in others custom privileges. Anyway i have the same problem in both cases. Also with kext helper the kexts pass but no change after reboot.

Using the OSx86 tools tells me that for some files I don't have the privileges...

I would try running Conti's “pfix” Permissions & KEXT Caches Utility.......find using Google.....

I would try running Conti's “pfix” Permissions & KEXT Caches Utility.......find using Google.....

Finally i figured out that there was a problem with windows permissions. Anyway after installing both nForceLAN and attansic kexts nothing happened... :wacko: