Asus 1015PE any success in hackintoshing it!

djack

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I am looking at buying a Asus 1015PE to hackintosh just wondering if anyone has had any success on this model?

It is mainly for watching movies and the odd bit of photoshop if i have to.

Open to any suggestions on different makes or models as trying to reasearch for a decent one at the moment.

Cheers :D

• 2 months later...

Well, so far I have successfully installed 2 hackintosh distros--iDeneb 10.5.6 and iAtkos 10.6.3 but have not successfully booted into either.

I've attempted two versions of Kalyway, two versions of iPC, one version of xXx, and MSIWindOSX86 and none of the above will even boot into the installer. The two distros that I've successfully installed hang immediately after the system reports "mac framework successfully initialized" on first boot. As far as I can tell it has something to do with AHCI.

I just flashed my BIOS in hopes that it will help and am reinstalling iDeneb 10.5.6 at the moment. let you know how it goes.

I've got snow leopard up and running on my 1015pe. I'm using it right now to post this. Installed on my netbook using iATKOS S3 V2.

I opted not to install any bootloader on no setup because I was going to install Chameleon using the Netbook Installer. Just choose the Atom kernel and the ApplePS2 option to get the track pad and keyboard recognized. Other than that, leave everything at the default settings.

After installing, boot from the DVD (hit F8 at the chameleon screen and then select the OSX partition on your hard drive). Go through the initial setup of your account, etc.

Now your going to need three files, the Netbook installer found here

Kext Utility found here (it says it's for x64 systems, but I promise it works fine)

and WIFI_AR9285 found here

Then run the netbook installer, selecting ONLY the Chameleon boot loader. If you want you can select 'quiet boot' as well.

Then open the terminal and

sudo -s
nano /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

then find the empty string under <key>Kernel Flags</key> and enter 'arch=i386'. this is needed to actually allow your computer to boot ;)

Then to get your wifi to work, delete the IO80211.kext from /system/library/extensions and then drag and drop the new IO80211.kext from WIFI_AR9285.zip into /system/library/extensions. Then install and run kext utility. It will take a few minutes, and then when it's finished reboot.

now your computer boots up without issues, your wifi works and the screen resolution is no longer stuck at 800x600. Web cam works too! So far the only thing that I haven't tested is ethernet, and the only thing that I know for sure doesn't work is battery status. Still looking for a fix on the battery status, but other than that everything works.

• 2 months later...
I've got snow leopard up and running on my 1015pe. I'm using it right now to post this. Installed on my netbook using iATKOS S3 V2.

I opted not to install any bootloader on no setup because I was going to install Chameleon using the Netbook Installer. Just choose the Atom kernel and the ApplePS2 option to get the track pad and keyboard recognized. Other than that, leave everything at the default settings.

After installing, boot from the DVD (hit F8 at the chameleon screen and then select the OSX partition on your hard drive). Go through the initial setup of your account, etc.

Now your going to need three files, the Netbook installer found here

Kext Utility found here (it says it's for x64 systems, but I promise it works fine)

and WIFI_AR9285 found here

Then run the netbook installer, selecting ONLY the Chameleon boot loader. If you want you can select 'quiet boot' as well.

Then open the terminal and

sudo -s
nano /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

then find the empty string under <key>Kernel Flags</key> and enter 'arch=i386'. this is needed to actually allow your computer to boot :D

Then to get your wifi to work, delete the IO80211.kext from /system/library/extensions and then drag and drop the new IO80211.kext from WIFI_AR9285.zip into /system/library/extensions. Then install and run kext utility. It will take a few minutes, and then when it's finished reboot.

now your computer boots up without issues, your wifi works and the screen resolution is no longer stuck at 800x600. Web cam works too! So far the only thing that I haven't tested is ethernet, and the only thing that I know for sure doesn't work is battery status. Still looking for a fix on the battery status, but other than that everything works.

Some good News I´ve got the Battery status Working ; ) by Using the "Battery" Option from Iatkos S3 V2 DVD (youn find the Battery under "Laptop") now i install chameleon from the Netbookinstaller r 0.8.4 RC1 after that replace IO80211Family.kext in S/L/E and run Kext Utitility hope it will work.

Some news about the Intel gma 3150 with QE/CE ???

Greetings from Germany

• 2 months later...
Some good News I´ve got the Battery status Working ; ) by Using the "Battery" Option from Iatkos S3 V2 DVD (youn find the Battery under "Laptop") now i install chameleon from the Netbookinstaller r 0.8.4 RC1 after that replace IO80211Family.kext in S/L/E and run Kext Utitility hope it will work.

Some news about the Intel gma 3150 with QE/CE ???

Greetings from Germany

Interesting that the chipset shows i915/GMA 950 in Linux, GMA3150 under Windows and GMA950 on OSX. There do not seem to be any GMA3150 drivers for OSX as of yet, so no QE/CI. It's a pity because aside from graphics acceleration (and ethernet, but I have yet to even once use the network port since I bought this netbook) OSX is every bit as functional as Linux and Win7 on the 1015pe. I'm thinking of switching back to XP though because Win7 Ultimate just has a massive footprint. Getting around limited hard drive space constraints by using the same partition for /home (my documents, /users whatever). I have 25GB allotted to both win7 and OSX, and a 15gb system partition for Ubuntu. The rest is a big EXT3 partition for /home which I've set OSX and Windows to use as their equivalent by default. Used Ext2fsd on Windows and Paragon EXTFS driver on OSX.

Looks like everyone with a GMA3150 is waiting with baited breath for Meklort to release a driver. Until then I'm pretty happy with a 99% perfect hackintosh. However, I'm wondering if there is any way to use an external monitor. If I plug one in with OSX already booted nothing happens. If I boot up with the screen plugged in, I get 800x600 and no way to change. I've tried passing "Graphics_mode"="1600x900x32" at boot but no luck yet.