My OSX86 Machines

studio48

1 post in this topic

Hi all my name is Puck-and i,m new to OSX86 project -Nice to meet you all !!

Introduction:

Playing around with all sort of pc's keeps me busy for many years now-i was always working with windows and sometimes i installed linux on one of my other machines

Then some where some weeks ago i read about the osx86 project and it seem to get a hold on me from the moment i started.

Of course my old SONY VAIO the PCG-FR215M had to be killed from the windows it was running and get ready to start a new life controlled by MAC @

We Go from there...

After many hours and even days of trying and begging.. it finaly happend..

OSX 10.4.8 (LOVE THE 48) Succesfully installed on this SONY!!

Everything works except the sound but i plugged in some usb speakers with build in soundcard and i tunes is playing my sweet Reggae Tunes :D

Anywayy's that wasnt enough.i had this old dual core pentium 4 3.2 ghz with 1 gigabyte ram so it was laying around eating dust -i tought LEMME KILLE HER !!!(abit motherboard and some china 256mb card -sound onboard ac97

netwerk realtec

SO DONE and she is running in my living room as a media center for my 32 inch TV and everything works sound network but for the video it's only 800x600 standard vga card but with 3 d so strange..but it works fine

Also the processor is not wel known cause it say processor 1 that while it has 2 processors.

Of course i,m not at a state to fix that and i just take the system for what it is but i can say 1 thing .this really changed the way i think about the use of aq computer and maybe it's cliche to say , but yes i like the Mac osx very much.

Out of passion itreated my Asus eee pc for a powerbook 1.5 ghz to dj with (i,m a lil dj) and last week i got a titanium powerbook 500 mhz that was sold for 60 eu.sorry i could not ressist this offer.

It is also a dj machine for me now so i own 2 mac's now but play and sit around my OSX86 machines -the Mac's are in deep rest lol -

Now i also own a Acer E machine dual core intel chipset with 3 gb ram laptop for serious things like editting a movie or do my internet stuff and after receiving the I atkos v3

I started byting my fingers again to kill The windows running {censored} @@

So i did that and i think that was my best GOAL till now cause everything works from the box -except in the beginning the airport card .so i sticked in my sweex lw054 usb wifi stick and i could conncet and get updates.

Then in the updates i also recieved a airport driver and after the reboot i removed the sweex wifi stick and the internal wifi (airport) worked even better then the sweex .

I own3 hackingtosh machines now for testing and i really like them.

Thanks for the massive input of this site and i hope one got some inspiration from my story

Greets from Coldy Windy Holland

Puck AKA Studio48