Will we get a hacked version of Leopard?

poodle2

33 posts in this topic

Guest bikedude880
Can we use the leak of the preview developer disk released at the WWDC06 to install Leopord on a non apple hardware?

Uh, no, we can't. It is specifically designed for Apple hardware and will not work on non-Apple hardware. I also do not see it running on the Hackintosh anytime soon (although some people here are working on that... like me...)

Uh, no, we can't. It is specifically designed for Apple hardware and will not work on non-Apple hardware. I also do not see it running on the Hackintosh anytime soon (although some people here are working on that... like me...)

Cool man...keep on at it! You're doing good work. Although if people succed in getting a Hackintosh version of Leopard Preview, I will feel really bad, ya bad cause I just finished downloading the 4.3GB OS X 10.6 version install. And it took me around 5 nights (12am to 7am).

But of course, for time machine, spaces, web clip, and my favourite "core animation", I am willing to spend even weeks downloading the leopard's hackintosh version. As Nike tells us, Just Do it!

Guest bikedude880

Hey, no guarantees. I am not sure that I will even be able to install it to my hd. Man, I wish my G3 was working.

Guest bikedude880
Judging on how fast the 10.4.7 update was hacked (1 day), I think it'll only be a few weeks before we see Leopard for hackintosh.

No, it wasn't really "hacked." You could say it is more of a hack of a kernel though. Haha, get it? Hack? (look it up.)

Leopard for Hackintosh in a few weeks? Highly doubt that. If anything, we will have a bunch of new people saying that they got it to work on their machine, and then mass chaos will follow! But seriously, I would wait until a ferw weeks after Leopard is officially released to see any real progress on your iHack.