Will we get a hacked version of Leopard?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Guest: bikedude880_*

• Guests

Maybe PearPC is a way for the PC-people to at least have a possibility to try Leopard?!?
PearPC

I think I will try that later tonight. I was already planning on working on making it at least run on non-apple machines as a little bit of a hobby... My parents always told me I needed a hobby... :hysterical:

OryHara

OryHara

Mad as Hell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Interests:War is Peace.<br />Freedom is Slavery.<br />Ignorance is Strength.<br />...

We may get the kernel hacked and working. The big thing is that Apple may use EFI which we havent figured out yet and may cause a problem. If Maxxuss is truly back our chances have gone up much higher. We will probably know next week when Apple is most likely to release a preview at WWDC.

Would it be theoreticly possible to "emulate" EFI via a partition? ANYTHING is freaking possible if you try hard enough.

EDIT: I always say, "If it can be seen. It can be copied." "If it runs, it can be hacked."

retroz

retroz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Would it be theoreticly possible to "emulate" EFI via a partition? ANYTHING is freaking possible if you try hard enough.

EDIT: I always say, "If it can be seen. It can be copied." "If it runs, it can be hacked."

I've posted on this before but isn't MSFT working on EFI as well?

OT? Perhaps, but interesting nontheless.

drcreek

drcreek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Location:Greenwich, London, England, UK, Europe, Earth, SOL Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

I say we will, but it will be a few weeks/months before we get it. If it was made by man it can be hacked by man.

No. It was made by a god.

Posted Image

• Guests

No. It was made by a god.

Posted Image

Hah, nice. Considering how well the developers at Apple did porting the OS to intel, I would have to say that they are truely up there.

another_earthling

another_earthling

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Can we use the leak of the preview developer disk released at the WWDC06 to install Leopord on a non apple hardware?

• Guests

Can we use the leak of the preview developer disk released at the WWDC06 to install Leopord on a non apple hardware?

Uh, no, we can't. It is specifically designed for Apple hardware and will not work on non-Apple hardware. I also do not see it running on the Hackintosh anytime soon (although some people here are working on that... like me...)

another_earthling

another_earthling

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Uh, no, we can't. It is specifically designed for Apple hardware and will not work on non-Apple hardware. I also do not see it running on the Hackintosh anytime soon (although some people here are working on that... like me...)

Cool man...keep on at it! You're doing good work. Although if people succed in getting a Hackintosh version of Leopard Preview, I will feel really bad, ya bad cause I just finished downloading the 4.3GB OS X 10.6 version install. And it took me around 5 nights (12am to 7am).

But of course, for time machine, spaces, web clip, and my favourite "core animation", I am willing to spend even weeks downloading the leopard's hackintosh version. As Nike tells us, Just Do it!

• Guests
Hey, no guarantees. I am not sure that I will even be able to install it to my hd. Man, I wish my G3 was working.

ntnwwnet

ntnwwnet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Judging on how fast the 10.4.7 update was hacked (1 day), I think it'll only be a few weeks before we see Leopard for hackintosh.

Eldabbagh

Eldabbagh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:1 Word: Kext

Judging on how fast the 10.4.7 update was hacked (1 day), I think it'll only be a few weeks before we see Leopard for hackintosh.

well the update wasent "fully" hacked.

• Guests

No, it wasn't really "hacked." You could say it is more of a hack of a kernel though. Haha, get it? Hack? (look it up.)

Leopard for Hackintosh in a few weeks? Highly doubt that. If anything, we will have a bunch of new people saying that they got it to work on their machine, and then mass chaos will follow! But seriously, I would wait until a ferw weeks after Leopard is officially released to see any real progress on your iHack.

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
10.4.7 kernel wasn't hacked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy