How it is the support of Fermi in OSX86 ?

mulder1013

1 post in this topic

I have a Point of view Nvidia Geforce GTX 470, and a Nvidia Quadro FX 570 (that i stopped using when i bought the fermi.

With the fermi i can't install os x (using a retail snow leopard dvd) with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (at least the "nvidia" flavor , as i have not tried with the experimental fermi 4xxx [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

But when i use the Quadro instead,i can install os x and all seems to work fine (although i haven't find mac nvidia drivers for it ,and i have read that is not very well supported , althrough i have to read more.

I have read in the GTX 480 / GTX 470 topic , that with the last nvidia driver , fermis are supported in mac , but also ,in other places , fermi only works at low resolutions in mac.

I am trying to get more informated , and investigate a bit about fermi support in os x , and what are the progress made , and future expectatives , but i don't know if should center my efforts in get working the gtx 470 or the Quadro.

I want to use os x for photoshop , lightroom and aperture , perhaps , for photography. I also like 3d design but for me is more inportant photoshop and photography at the moment.

Is possible to be able to get in some time a highter resolution for work with photoshop and like with fermi ?

Perhaps could be a good idea have two os x instalations , and try to in one get working fermi, and the another one , use the quadro for photoshop and like.

I have investigated , and i think i can use both cards in my mobo , and in windows have activated only the fermi and in os x whatever need , without much problems , i have enough power , and it seems should not be any incompatibility at bios or mobo.

I am planning to use DSDT ( i have extracted one dsdt.aml file with the quadro installed only , and i will do the same with only the fermi installed and then with both , to have 3 different dsdt.aml , not to use 3 at same time , only for compare and see differences that can be usefull to patch the final dstdt (if i boot two osx i will need two dsdts one for each osx , and each with one card , so the other will not appear, i think, so better extract dsdts with the third possible configurations :P )

I think is interesting to play with os x and fermi , and see what happens , so have two os x installations seems a good idea ...