29 replies to this topic

HerrRML

HerrRML

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My setup at the moment

- HP Z600 with latest and greatest Bios PCB rev AE (main board with Hexsupport) (i swapped the main board with no hex core support with this HW rev)
- Dual Xeon X5670 2.93GHz
- 48GB (8 * 8GB)
- 2x 1TB 7200rpm Seagate HDD
- NVidia Quadro FX1800

Ive been trying above mentioned options without any success , but what i did manage to figure out is why it always reboots.

Im running into a kernel panic

panic (CPU0 caller Kernel Trap at ............ type 13)
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.

Any suggestions gents ?

Quick update i installed the following KEXT (NullCPUPowerManagement) with success now I'm able to boot till the language screen with only maxmem=4096.
Looks promising :)

Currently Lion is installing , I'm using the onboard Sata controller , add a few KEXT files , when I'm done with installing I'll write a detailed list of what I've added to install set.
Runs smooth , the only thing I'm missing at the moment is a USB mouse , but a keyboard works fine as well.

Regards

HerrRML

HerrRML

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Cant seem to get more then 1 core working , as soon as I select more then 1 core from within the bios , i won't boot anymore (crash).
Any input??

Regards

Coelacanth

Coelacanth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I suggest you get an SAS card and it will solve your problem...i've had that problem before, but when i installed the SAS card, i was able to install Lion without a single glitch, much like installing from a real Mac Pro...had updated to 10.7.5 and still working perfect.

fpdesigner

fpdesigner

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Have you update whitout any problem?
I want to try with myHack

fpdesigner

fpdesigner

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

- No cigar on 64-bit which is kind of obvious now, since ATY_Init is 32-bit :o

- Booting from my grub2 (on disk0) works via chainloading. Just create an entry like this

set root='(hd2)'
chainloader +1

(that's with having OSX on third SATA disk, of course, hd0 = linux1,hd1=linux2,hd2=OSX)

Have you solved the problem for the video card 32bit or 64bit
Can you make a geekbench
Thanx

Coelacanth

Coelacanth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I had updated to the latest possible update and everything runs smooth. All running 64bit, 8 cores without a single problem. I have sometimes KP during bootup due mainly to the voodoohda, but a couple restart fixed the problem. But once you're in, you can't tell if it's a real Mac Pro or not, as even the sleep works and wakes up on a click of the magic mouse. Sweet!

fpdesigner

fpdesigner

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
this card

http://www.ebay.it/i...#ht_3018wt_1147

racerblur

racerblur

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I about to get my hands on a z600 and if someone could please explain the installation process? I've done badaxe2 install of tiger and leopard in the past using the classic distributions, but ever since I got a Mac Book Pro I have had time to upgrade my installs. Could someone please go through the process for me... Or point me to a guide that might help? Thanks!

Coelacanth

Coelacanth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Please go through above posts. All that you need is already there.

rkramer40

rkramer40

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

With Mountain Lion.... and a 3rd part PCIE sata controller. ($16.00), on Ebay.  Standard ##### and ##### install. 

Runs Like a champ...

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy