hI! Help me to install Snow Leopard? Thanks

ALEX16578

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a big problem,

I instalallare snow leopard on these two configurations:

1: Intel Pentium 4 3 GHZ - MB ASROCK 775Dual-880Pro - MEMORY 2GB DDR2 - VGA NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400GS

2: INTEL i7 950 - MB ASUS P6T - 6GB DDR3 RAM - VGA NVIDIA GTX275

I downloaded the version but practically Hazard processor i7 will not start the installation and restart only, while the other configuration is installed but then when I reboot the system does not .. can you give me a hand? Thanks!

Hi, I have a big problem,

I instalallare snow leopard on these two configurations:

1: Intel Pentium 4 3 GHZ - MB ASROCK 775Dual-880Pro - MEMORY 2GB DDR2 - VGA NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400GS

2: INTEL i7 950 - MB ASUS P6T - 6GB DDR3 RAM - VGA NVIDIA GTX275

I downloaded the version but practically Hazard processor i7 will not start the installation and restart only, while the other configuration is installed but then when I reboot the system does not .. can you give me a hand? Thanks!

PRE-INSTALLATION:

Okay, you have i7 processor so you would ned Mac OS X 10.6.4. Previous version will not work. When you are installing OS X and your PC restarts suddenly then, press F8 in the command line and enter following options:

cpus=1 busratio=20 -v

This should solve the common restart problem in Intel i family processors.

Now, when you start installation and you get message like:

Waiting for root device...

Still waiting for root device

then you are in some serious problem, just google it and you would get more then enough solutions.

It's always good to install Mac OS in a primary partition and don't forget to install boot loader (in some distros you have to manually select the boot loader you wish to install)

POST-INSTALLATION

if you get a Kernel Panic, then analyze the stack trace. It would have driver responsible for kernel cache (for e.g. com.someorg.BadDriver.kext). Just go to /System/Library/Extensions and remove that kext.

If your OS X boots normally and then suddenly it freezes up, then probable culprit is your display driver. Again, go to Extensions folder and kick it off.

If still problem persists then start os x with argument: -x