iBuyPower Gaming OSx86 Laptop

diverger00

1 post in this topic

Well, I have this issue. I've been going around www.ibuypower.com for quite some time trying to decide on which gaming laptop I want to use for OSx86 / Win7 Dualboot. I currently have a unibody macbook pro, it's a great machine and I totally love it. Problem Is, I'm in need of a more powerful system at a cheaper price. I need it for design work I do & gaming on the go. My current laptop is handling it with it's dual-core 2.8ghz and 4gb ram with 300gb hd with 512mb of vram. The latest macbook isn't much of a step-up at 8gb of ram, "core-i7" processor which is just a dual-core with hyperthreading (i think?) that allows it to process 4 tasks at once, and still a 512mb video card.

So back to the point. At iBuyPower i've seen custom systems with 920xm's, full HD on a 15" screen, 1tb Hd's, 1gb(and up to 2gb) video cards, etc. etc. All for cheaper than the highest end macbook pro. So my question is, when looking around ibuypower.com which is the best high-end laptop to get? I see most of the laptops have either ATI 5870's or Nvidia 480m's (sometimes 420's or 460 now) but i'm not sure if any of these are going to be supported when i try to make it a hackintosh?

So in the end i'm trying to find the best hackintosh-able LAPTOP system ibuy has or even if there are other high-end laptops that work well with OSx86. I'm not really too worried about the price being cheaper than the current macbook, I just want more power for my money and to be able to run OSx86 when i'm using design programs. It's proven MUCH more stable than using Windows over the years. I sure hope i explained myself well, and thanks in advance!

Also, I'm well aware certain laptops with say fingerprint reader's and the nonsense probably wont work in OSx86, blu-ray as well I imagine? Luxuries like that I can leave up to windows if necessary I just need all the core stuff like video, sound, processor, etc. to work for high-end tasks.