video cards for Hackintosh

Biggie604

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

i'm very new to this site and the Hackintosh world, and I'm wondering where I can obtain info about what

video cards that are compatible with a Hackintosh setup?

I'm building a Hackintosh despite being a noob, I got info from the lifehackers website

and I researched on youtube. This is my setup i'm building and I've listed the video card recomended

however it's discontinued and now i'm in search of another video card that will work

with this setup.....

Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio 24BIT Sound Card 7.1 PCI OEM

Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200RPM 32MB Dual Proc 3.5IN SATA Hard Drive OEM

Gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT 550MHZ 512MB 1.8GHZ GDDR3 VGA DVI HDMI PCI-E Video Card

Patriot Viper II 4GB 2X2GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 EPP Dual Channel Memory Kit

Antec Sonata III Black ATX 16IN Mid Tower Quiet Case 3X5.25 2X3.5 4X3.5IN 500W 120MM Fan

Samsung SH-S223L/BEBS 22X SATA Black DVD Writer Lightscribe OEM

Gigabyte EP45-UD3L ATX LGA775 P45 DDR2 PCI-E 2PCI SATA2 HD Sound GBLAN Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 Quad Core Processor LGA775 3.0GHZ Yorkfield

any info appreciated!!!!

Hi,

i'm very new to this site and the Hackintosh world, and I'm wondering where I can obtain info about what

video cards that are compatible with a Hackintosh setup?

I'm building a Hackintosh despite being a noob, I got info from the lifehackers website

and I researched on youtube. This is my setup i'm building and I've listed the video card recomended

however it's discontinued and now i'm in search of another video card that will work

with this setup.....

Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio 24BIT Sound Card 7.1 PCI OEM

Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200RPM 32MB Dual Proc 3.5IN SATA Hard Drive OEM

Gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT 550MHZ 512MB 1.8GHZ GDDR3 VGA DVI HDMI PCI-E Video Card

Patriot Viper II 4GB 2X2GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 EPP Dual Channel Memory Kit

Antec Sonata III Black ATX 16IN Mid Tower Quiet Case 3X5.25 2X3.5 4X3.5IN 500W 120MM Fan

Samsung SH-S223L/BEBS 22X SATA Black DVD Writer Lightscribe OEM

Gigabyte EP45-UD3L ATX LGA775 P45 DDR2 PCI-E 2PCI SATA2 HD Sound GBLAN Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 Quad Core Processor LGA775 3.0GHZ Yorkfield

any info appreciated!!!!

Nvidia Gforce GTS250 (has the same GPU of 9800GT, powered).

The lastest range of iMac's have i3, i5 and i7 processors and ATI HD 4670, 5670 and 5750.

http://www.apple.com/imac/

This is the direction I would go for my next build. Socket 775 is almost dead. The price premium is small enough to move up to the newer sockets. For that you get access to DDR3, USB3, SATA3 - all of which has negligible real world speed benefit - except maybe USB3. The main thing is you'll be current for a while longer as these technologies become mainstream.