OS X Boot DVD type?

Air Conditioner

1 post in this topic

I followed lifehacker's guide to creating a USB mac OS X bootloader. First time I did it it work GREAT but then it somehow wiped itself so I had to do it again but this time I used a Mac Snow Leopard disk from my friend's mac book pro (first time I did it, I used a regular Snow Leopard disk). When I booted it, it said that I couldn't install it. My assumption is that the DVD type is different therefore it does not work. My theory of a solution is to find my friend with the original disk so I can redo my bootloader on my external HD (My hackintosh is basically an external HDD) so when I install it, the system will be in a completely different partition therefore I can preserve the bootloader partition. Can someone give me a second opinion and if you can, provide an alternate solution.

thank you so much :)

http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build...start-to-finish <--- link to the article scroll down past all the peripheral explanations