Got leopard, not snow. HD 5850 and AMD help!

OwnageHippo

3 posts in this topic

Pc specs first:

AMD phenom be 3.2

4gb ram 1600

XFX Radeon HD 5850

ASRock M3a770de

SATA 1tb hdd

SATA DVD

Ok, so I've gotten iDeneb 10.5.5 leopard on there. I have USB support, intenet, audio, etc.

I don't have a driver for the 5850 so im at low res.

I've gotten the idea from all of the tutorials view read that 5850 needs snow leopard, so that has been my goal (to get snow leopard.) I tried http://www.insanelymac.com/2009/09/install...-pc-hackintosh/ but i realized that I couldn't choose what partition to boot from (I had installed it on one drive with 2 partitions rather than 2 drives. I ended up with 1 partition with leopard and 1 with snow. Long story short, I ending up making the leopard partition unbeatable because I replaced it's boot file with one that I thought would do something. Epic fail. I now have a unbootable drive with Leo And snow. I know I could just go and install ideneb again but I figured I would get some advice first.

So what do I do? Is there an easy way to get snow on the pc? I do have an old pci (not express) HD radeon 2400 that I could use to boot from rather than the 5850 until I could get the drivers in snow. Also, could someone clarify how to install the netkas drivers?

I could go on and ask 1000 more questions, but I guess in the end all I want is a working hackintosh snow leopard with all the working drivers

It's so easy to say but so hard to do... ;)

Thanks in advance for your response!

Pc specs first:

AMD phenom be 3.2

4gb ram 1600

XFX Radeon HD 5850

ASRock M3a770de

SATA 1tb hdd

SATA DVD

Ok, so I've gotten iDeneb 10.5.5 leopard on there. I have USB support, intenet, audio, etc.

I don't have a driver for the 5850 so im at low res.

I've gotten the idea from all of the tutorials view read that 5850 needs snow leopard, so that has been my goal (to get snow leopard.) I tried http://www.insanelymac.com/2009/09/install...-pc-hackintosh/ but i realized that I couldn't choose what partition to boot from (I had installed it on one drive with 2 partitions rather than 2 drives. I ended up with 1 partition with leopard and 1 with snow. Long story short, I ending up making the leopard partition unbeatable because I replaced it's boot file with one that I thought would do something. Epic fail. I now have a unbootable drive with Leo And snow. I know I could just go and install ideneb again but I figured I would get some advice first.

So what do I do? Is there an easy way to get snow on the pc? I do have an old pci (not express) HD radeon 2400 that I could use to boot from rather than the 5850 until I could get the drivers in snow. Also, could someone clarify how to install the netkas drivers?

I could go on and ask 1000 more questions, but I guess in the end all I want is a working hackintosh snow leopard with all the working drivers

It's so easy to say but so hard to do... ;)

Thanks in advance for your response!

if you want snow leopard follow my guide on signture