[How To] Recover files in a Mac OS X / Windows Partition

1 post in this topic

MicroMHD Restore Platform

MicroMHD is a lightweight KDE based Live OS. You can download it and burn it and you will get access to your files on your Mac Partition.

--- Say that your Mac partition has just crashed and that it is nearly or maybe even impossible to restore it and you had important files on this partition. ---

Here is what you need to do. Download MicroMHD (which stands for MicroMasterHunterHD), burn it to a simple CD and then you can boot from it and access your files on the Mac partition, but I would like to remember, that since it is a Linux platform, you will only be able to read files of partitions which are not Linux formatted disks. Standard Linux distros can only write on basic formatted partitions such as FAT32, if you go more into the high-end format like Mac OS Extended or Windows NTFS, then you will not be able to write on them (Read-only)

Here is a Diagram of what I mean. (The more you go up in the diagram the less compatibility you will find with MicroMHD)

High-End Formats Windows NTFS Mac OS

Extended

FAT32

Low-End Universal Formats

The difference between MicroMHD and Ubuntu or other Linux Distros is that MicroMHD is simply 350MB big. And it is faster to boot, because not only it is smaller but because Ubuntu and some other distros, carry around on their live CD programs which are useless to the restore functions, such as a lot of games, OpenOffice.org, and a lot of other stuff.

This platform can also help you recover files from a Windows partition.

Download here :

--- This is a Read-me file containing a very important information that i need everybody to read so that there are less mistakes. :) ---

Use at own risk ! :D

Enjoy !

This Distro is free and legal !

Read-me file + link to download MicroMHD32bit.i686-1.0.0

MicroMHD64bit.x86_64-1.0.0 is soon to be released ! :P