AsusTosh... perfect !

tonkpils

1 post in this topic

Hi there!

happy to be here to tell my positive installation of leohazard version of snow leo OSX 10.6.3.

here my 'about this mac':

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro4,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2,33 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1,33 GHz

Memory Slots:

ECC: Disabled

Bank0/1/DIMM1:

Size: 2 GB

Type: DDR3

Speed: 800

Manufacturer: OCZ

Part Number: TR3X661600C9

Serial Number: 000123-01234567-0

Bank2/3/DIMM2:

Size: 2 GB

Type: DDR3

Speed: 800

Manufacturer: Technology

Part Number: TR3X661600C9

Serial Number: EMPTY

1) Ethernet onboard. It is a chipset Realtek RTL8201CP. i have tried different kext from kext dot com, but all with same results. the network was creating a new 'connection' in the "system preference", and i had to activate it in order to get the IP address. then after a very short time, sometime minutes, was dropping internet connection, and the bitrate lever from utorrent was going slowly to 0... I gave up, and tried a spare USB dongle

2) F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter.

Type: Ethernet

Hardware: Ethernet

BSD Device Name: en8

IPv4 Addresses: 192.168.1.4

IPv4:

Addresses: 192.168.1.4

Configuration Method: DHCP

Interface Name: en8

Network Signature: IPv4.Router=192.168.1.1;IPv4.RouterHardwareAddress=00:24:01:56:2e:2b

Router: 192.168.1.1

Subnet Masks: 255.255.255.0

IPv6:

Configuration Method: Automatic

DNS:

Server Addresses: 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server Responses:

Domain Name Servers: 192.168.1.1

Lease Duration (seconds): 0

DHCP Message Type: 0x05

Routers: 192.168.1.1

Server Identifier: 192.168.1.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Ethernet:

MAC Address: 00:22:75:3c:a5:78

Media Options:

Media Subtype: Auto Select

Proxies:

Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16

FTP Passive Mode: Yes

Service Order: 2

BINGO! i see on that forum the topic about the installation of the driver from Ralink. Well.... the latest driver have support for various adapter, and included there is the Belkin F5D8053. Indeed... as i install the driver, i connect the USB and the wireless control panel opens in a second... all wireless signals founded. I was expected to do the procedure described here, but when i open the file with TextWrangler i see that there are dozens of model supported Click on mine, and that's it... the first day the connection dropped after a couple of hours, but today still non problem... sometime it goes down, almost to 0, but it goes up again. It does not disturb at all. And btw.... installation and configuration have been far easier than the Windows System... :D

3) SOUND it works with the voodoo kext, the latest from the kext site.

4) FIREWIRE i have a PCI card installed with 2 firewire port. It is operational and i was able to install alesis firewire I0 I4 hardware and driver for snow leopard. It is active, and i can see it in the midi and sound config. As a real mac... tomorrow i'll try to install some software and gears. Now i am happy that all works like this...

5) nVIDIA Quadro FX 1800. working as a charm with "easy GFX" installer. Quartz Extreme Supported on both monitor.

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia card (was showing GTX8800)

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 768 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0638

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 3172a

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

I have installed the driver for GTX 8800 768MB (the same amount of memory i have) and is working full HD. How can i get the best driver for this card? or this i have are the best at the moment?

Well... thank you to this community that make jump to the 90s... I have started using computers buying the QUADRA 630 (i still remember an investment of almost 4000 Euros at the time, printer included ;) ) When i was switching the Mac on the icon of the Little mac was appearing... what a time.... :D I was using stratastudio pro, powercad, architrion, minicad, filemakerV.1.0, Photoshop 2.1..... playing marathon.... When then the PowerPC was out i switch to Win OS...

Am so excited to have a Mac OS back home... i also bought the keyboard (amazing feeling) and mouse... now i think i'll get at least a macbook for my wife. then we'll see.... for sure this AsusTosh is very nice to have..... And let me see also if powerful...

cheers guys, i hope to be of help for someone! And if you have any concern about my config do not hesitate...

keep up the good work !