Dual Monitor Woes

bearcave

2 posts in this topic

My system first:

Intel Core I7 860 2.8ghz

Asus P7P55D-Pro

8gb DDR 3

Asus EAH 5850

So I've got Snow Leopard up and running perfectly, I love it. But I am having trouble getting my dual displays to work. I have 2 Vga monitors each one is connected to my 5850 video card using a Vga2Dvi adapters.

As the os is loading both monitors are active, I can see the apple logo fine. Once the OS is loaded only the monitor on the top Dvi slot will be active the monitor on the bottom dvi slot shows as no signal.

The system profiler sees both monitors I can adjust the resolution and arrangement of both monitors through the display preferences, I can even move windows over to the 2nd monitor but nothing will appear on it's screen. When I try to mirror monitors the background of the 2nd monitor will become the background of the main monitor.

This is my last issues trying to get Snow Leopard to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system first:

Intel Core I7 860 2.8ghz

Asus P7P55D-Pro

8gb DDR 3

Asus EAH 5850

So I've got Snow Leopard up and running perfectly, I love it. But I am having trouble getting my dual displays to work. I have 2 Vga monitors each one is connected to my 5850 video card using a Vga2Dvi adapters.

As the os is loading both monitors are active, I can see the apple logo fine. Once the OS is loaded only the monitor on the top Dvi slot will be active the monitor on the bottom dvi slot shows as no signal.

The system profiler sees both monitors I can adjust the resolution and arrangement of both monitors through the display preferences, I can even move windows over to the 2nd monitor but nothing will appear on it's screen. When I try to mirror monitors the background of the 2nd monitor will become the background of the main monitor.

This is my last issues trying to get Snow Leopard to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you for the post.

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Watch Piranha 3D Online Free