iMac G5 chassis ITX board LVDS problems

1 post in this topic

I have a 17" iMac that no longer works due to faulty capacitors on the logic board. My plan is to remove the logic board and custom fit a fanless ITX motherboard into the chassis and use the original SATA hard drive, optical drive, power supply, and most importantly, the display.

Here's the dilemma. The original display connects through an LVDS cable. I have found a few motherboards that boast an LVDS option but when I look at the pictures and manuals for the boards I can't find anything that looks like the G5s LVDS cable connection. I have heard that LVDS is not very standardized. I don't mind soldering or creating custom cables, but can I even get diagrams of the pinouts? Or perhaps, is there an adapter that I can't seem to find on google?

Also, this unit has a 22 pin power supply connector. I think that I have found the proper power supply pinouts, but does anyone know if there is by chance an adapter that would do this work for me as well?

The following are boards I have in mind but I am open to other (especially less expensive) suggestions.

Intel D945GSEJT

JetWay JNF95A-270-LF

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!