X58A-UD3R Kakewalk 2.2 Post Installation Issues

spompeo

1 post in this topic

I have used Kakewalk 2.2 to successfully install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on my X58A-UD3R with an Intel Core i7 930. Forgive me if these questions seem basic to you but I am very new with this whole process and have had little luck searching the forums.

I have been using the following thread to try to get the ethernet and audio working but no luck so far:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...199&hl=x58a

Thus far, I cannot seem to get the Realtek 8111E install package to work correctly. My built-in ethernet cable is plugged in to my router and I can only get through in Windows 7.

Basic questions:

Should I boot from the OS X HDD first or Windows 7? Windows 7 starts with an easy Windows Boot Manager and then I pick Snow Leopard. Chameleon GUI then loads but I need to press tab and enter GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get my 9800GT to display at higher reolutions EVERY TIME.

When I boot from the OS X HDD, I have 3 seconds to press a button to decide which OS to boot, which is kind of obnoxious. This is a different boot manager than the previous method which baffles me.

SO, how do I get my ethernet up and running? I have tried Empire EFI and that didn't seem to work, and the driver that should work does not as far as I can tell.

(also the restart function doesn't work, it tends to freeze. After I install something does shutting down work the same as a restart to have changes take effect)